Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WK 30 HODGE PODGE




JOINING JOYCE AND GROUP, PUTTING MY TWO CENTS ANSWERING HER QUESTIONS:
1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday night...AND I'LL BE WATCHING...WILL YOU? I'D LOVE TO SEE THE GYMNASTICS EVENTS IN PERSON
2.  Lazy days make ME FEEL RESTED, WONDERING WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING

3. July 25th is 'officially' Threading the Needle Day...I CAN SEW SOME...NOTHING TOO DIFFICULT. 

I ONCE MADE A CIVIL WAR CONFEDERATE UNIFORM FOR COLLEGEGIRL TO WEAR IN A 4TH GRADE CHORUS SHOW...

AND A TEA COZY FOR A GIRLFRIEND. 

I'M PROBABLY SOMEWHERE AROUND A 5 ON THE 1-10 SCALE.
4. 'Threading the Needle' can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). The last time you had to 'thread the needle' ...WHILE PUTTING OUT THE GARBAGE LAST NIGHT AROUND 9PM, MY HEART ALMOST JUMPED OUT OF MY CHEST AFTER A LARGE, BLACK DOG CHARGED ME FROM OUR DARKEST SIDEYARD! 

I KEEP A VERY LARGE WALKING STICK IN MY GARAGE, SO I GRABBED IT IN CASE HE CAME WITHIN HITTING DISTANCE. 

CARRYING THE STICK WITH ME, I CONTINUED TO ROLL THE CANS TO THE STREET.

HE BACKED OFF...MEANWHILE, HIS OWNER CAME OUT OF THE HOUSE ACROSS THE STREET WHILE YELLING FOR HIM TO RETURN TO THEIR FENCED BACKYARD.


EVERY PART OF ME WANTED TO ANNOUNCE TO MY NEIGHBOR THAT MY NERVES HAD JUST BEEN SHATTERED
BUT I DECIDED TO 'SPEAK TO MYSELF'...
MUMBLING: "IF I HAD BEEN PACKING, HE WOULD HAVE 'BEEN NO MORE!"

SO GLAD I DIDN'T BLURT OUT MY GUT REACTION
HIS SCARING ME TO DEATH
AND MY UNHAPPINESS OF THEIR NOT FOLLOWING OUR LOCAL LEASH LAWS. 
BUT IF THERE IS A NEXT TIME, WE WILL BE HAVING A NEIGHBORLY DISCUSSION.

5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy...BEING FROM THE SOUTH WHERE MANY BEANS ARE IN SEASON, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CHOOSE A FAVORITE. 
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IT IS A TIE BETWEEN GREAT NORTHERNS AND FRESH LIMA BEANS
(WITH SOME PORK FOR SEASONING, OF COURSE)!
6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale?  THROUGHOUT MY YEARS OF HOME OWNERSHIP, I HAVE HOSTED TWO GARAGE SALES...
ONCE WHEN I WAS RENTING MY SISTER'S OLD HOUSE ...
I MADE OVER $500 IN ONE DAY, MY BEST SELLER: OLD STEREO ALBUMS, OLD POTS/DISHES. 
THE SECOND SALE WAS AFTER MY DAUGHTER STARTED SCHOOL,
AND I SOLD A LOT OF HER BABY THINGS. 
THAT SALE WAS NOT AS SUCCESSFUL ONLY $300,
GETTING RID OF LOTS OF MATERNITY CLOTHES, BABY TOYS AND UNWANTED FURNITURE.

7. MY EYES BEGIN TO ROLL IN MY HEAD:  WHEN I GET TO HEAR MY HUBBY MAKE COMMENT ABOUT HOW MUCH STUFF I HAVE IN THE BASEMENT...
THAT DIDN'T SELL AT THE GARAGE SALES, HAHAHAH!

8. MY RANDOM THOUGHT:   TODAY I BOUGHT A BOAT-LOAD OF VEGGIES AT A LOCAL SIDE-OF-THE-ROAD MARKET ...
purple hulled peas, corn, okra, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, sweet potatoes, zipper peas, pink-eyed purple hulled peas, crowder peas, lettuce, a pint of strawberries and two cantaloupes. 
I LOVE SUMMER-TIME VEGGIES! 

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VEGGIE TO 'OVER-INDULGE IN' THIS TIME OF YEAR?


John 8:31  "If you continue in my word, then you are truly Disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
Blessings,

12 comments:

Mary Cooper said...

If your neighbor has a fenced-in yard, I wonder if it was a rare occurrence that the dog got out? At least he noticed and called him back. I certainly hope he apologized to you!

Cathy said...

Hope you don't have any more trouble from the neighbor's dog. I love Great Northern Beans, forgot about them.

Veronica and Daniel said...

Zucchini! I'm off to buy some right now at the farmer's market :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My nerves are wreaked just reading about it. Glad your okay! Enjoy those awesome veggies. I'm liking zucchini this summer.

Rebecca D said...

I am crazy about all the fresh greens at the farmer's markets these days... I live in an area with a series of small towns and each has it's own farmer's market... So I can go to one just about any day of the week... Yesterday I got some fresh lettuces that were so good even my picky son-in-law ate two servings of salad!

Godsgalnj said...

Totally envying your boatload of veggies!

Joyce said...

Summer fruits and veg are my absolute favorite! Up here it's the corn and tomatoes but if I were down south I'd definitely say okra. I can hardly find it frozen here : (

I don't know, I think sewing a confederate uniform rates you up there on the seamstress scale!

edshunnybunny said...

Your bounty from the road-side stand sounds delicious!
We planted our first garden this spring, and were very successful with it, especially peas, corn, and tomatoes. We're in the process of planting a fall crop now. Hope it goes equally well.

Your dog story made me think of a local news story from yesterday. A 5 year old, mauled by their neighbor's pit bull. The child was air lifted, so you know it was bad...You're wise to keep a stick handy!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I did the grocery store today, I will be heading up Chadwicks later this week...

I need some cantaloupe too!
R

Chatty Crone said...

Did you hear they added Tae Kwang Do in the Olympics? sandie

Missy said...

I am having such a similar situation with a neighbor's dog right now. It keeps coming in our yard, off leash and basically trying to EAT our dog who's in the yard on leash. And their dog is a Rottweiler. UGH.

Kim said...

My mouth is watering at your list of vegetables. YUM! Although I'm not a vegetarian, I'm a much bigger fan of vegies than I am of meat. Looking forward to having a garden again this year, and growing at least a few things. Not sure how big, or where, we can put a garden with the construction on-going.

Yep, if the dog does it again, you definitely need to talk to that neighbor. A good whack from your walking stick might be necessary too. (The dog, not your neighbor. haha)