Tuesday, September 9, 2008

10-MINUTE TUESDAYS....

How funny was this??!! Lots of fun...I took the challenge and did the "celebrity look-a-like" thingy...It's down below my two posts...
What does it mean when one of the top percentage look alikes is a GUY!!
Better a guy than an animal of some kind--There were some people it pulled up that I had never seen or heard of...so I didn't include them.

I guess it measures out proportions of your face, looks at hairstyles, and possibly size of eye...'cause I'm not so sure I look like any of these people...
The first picture I uploaded for comparison made a really way-out-there look at myself...Chris Farley was the #1...ha ha ha...eeeeeewwwww!

We are such a society of "LOOKS".......what will other people think if I don't look my best today?...what will other people think if my hair is out of place?...I don't want to go to church today, I don't have the right clothes......I can't go out with him, he doesn't look like my type. Have you ever said any of these kinds of things?

I find myself often comparing before I get to know someone...making many assumptions about people and situations I see on tv or read on the front cover of the tabloids at the grocery store while waiting in line to checkout.

Thank goodness I'm a Christian who knows God sees my heart, hears my prayers--I fall short no matter how hard I try...because it it through His Grace I was saved at the age of 12.
Since then He has gently nudged me, tapped my shoulder, or sometimes even konked me on the head to remind me of Whose I am and what I must confess to Him.

God, forgive me for comparing myself to others in this world, celebrities or otherwise...
give me your understanding of MY specialness to You--to the Plan You have for me--
I have special gifts You need me to use in Your special way...
I need to be about listening to where and how You want me to accomplish Your Plan.
Amen
2 Corinthians 10:12-13 (New King James Version)
"For we dare not class ourselves, or compare ourselves, with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. We, however, will not boast beyond measure, but within the limits of the sphere which God appointed us—a sphere which especially includes you."
To see FaithfulChick's look alikes go here, http://www.faithfulchick.typepad.com/