1. How did you ring in the new year?
WATCHING BOWL GAMES, SIPPING A WINE SPRITZER, THEN WATCHING NEW YORK’S BALL AND ATLANTA’S PEACH DROP… WHILE EAGERLY AWAITING SKOOT’S ARRIVAL BACK HOME AFTER CELEBRATING WITH FRIENDS.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
TAKING A PAINTING CLASS AT A LOCAL STORE…MAYBE AN ACRYLIC CLASS.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, 'All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives.' What say you?
ONCE CAN’T POSSIBLY CONTINUE TO LIVE WITHOUT CHANGING…SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING, WE ARE AGING…CELLS DYING, SKIN GROWING, TEETH YELLOWING, HAHAHAH…(you know there’s a commercial about that now…), and GOD SPEAKS TO OUR HEARTS DAILY, TELLING US HOW TO STEP AWAY FROM OUR SELF-CENTEREDNESS AND LIVE IN COMPASSION AND SERVICE.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013? IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE COLORS...ANYTHING IN THE ROYAL COLORS MATCHES MY SKIN TYPE, SO I'VE ALWAYS LIKED NOT BEING 'DRAINED' BY THEM. I LOVE SCARVES...AND THEY ALL HAVE MANY OF THE JEWEL TONES IN THEM. I MAY ADD SOME EMERALD GREEN TOWELS TO MY BATHROOM THIS YEAR...THAT WOULD BE NICE
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone? AMETHYST IS MY FAVORITE GEM…BECAUSE IT IS MY BIRTH STONE.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012. I SO HAD NOT WANTED TO GO SEE LES MISERABLES….IT ALWAYS SOUNDED SO DEPRESSING TO ME, AND THE PICTURES DIDN’T HELP. HOWEVER, A PERSISTENT BROTHER-IN-LAW TALKED ME INTO JOINING THE CLAN TO SEE IT OVER THE CHRISTMAS BREAK. I WAS TOTALLY INTRIGUED WITH THE SINGING, THE TALENT OF THE SINGERS AND THE SOLID ROCK OF CHRISTIANITY THAT RANG OUT THROUGH THE THEME OF THE CHARACTERS. IT IS A SOUNDTRACK I WILL BE BUYING…WHO’D A THUNK??
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
Jer. 31:10 "Hear this, nations! God's Message! Broadcast this all over the world! Tell them, 'The One who scattered Israel will gather them together again. ...I'll convert their weeping into laughter, lavishing comfort, invading their grief with joy. I'll make sure their priests get three square meals a day and that my people have more than enough." God's Decree.w year?8. Insert your own random thought here. I COOKED MY FIRST DUCK YESTERDAY…IT WILL NOT BE MY LAST.