Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
WE WOULD EXPECTANTLY WAIT, NOT KNOWING IF OUR BASKET WOULD BE WRAPPED IN CELLOPHANE OR HIDDEN SOMEWHERE IN THE HOUSE, SOMETIMES IT WAS EVEN IN THE BACK YARD WAITING FOR US TO FIND IT.
Did you usually get a new outfit? (Post a picture if you have one!) DRESSES WITH CRINOLINES UNDERNEATH, WHITE, LACEY SOCKS , WHITE PATENT SHOES, GLOVES/HAT ALSO
Does any Easter stand out particularly? WHEN DD WAS FOUR...GRAMMY SENT AN 'EASTER BUNNY' CUPCAKE SET IN THE MAIL. BELOW ARE THE PICS I FOUND FROM 1996
WHO HAS A BETTER LEGACY THAN THAT??!! STAND UP, I DARE 'YA!!!
HE DID IT FOR ME
HE DID IT FOR YOU...AND ALL HIS CREATION!
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
PLEASE PRAY FOR KAT...SHE'LL BE HAVING SURGERY TOMORROW/THURSDAY...
GUEST HOST: Southlakesmom
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring? While opening the windows and feeling the cool breezes drifting across my legs (before the pollen arrives) hearing baseballs hit wooden bats…brings back so many memories with my Daddy!
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day? Mine was a double-whammy JUMP into Spring…we drove back from the Central timezone & had to set our clocks AHEAD…so our beach-retreated bodies got SLAPPED by BOTH that day!!
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year?
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? same answer
5. What is your least favorite insect?
“PULL OUT, BETTY, YOU’VE HIT AN ARTERY!”
6. March 22: World Water Day. Do you drink bottled water? Crystal Springs, when I have it to choose…but, rarely, we have REALLY GOOD water coming out of our pipes
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that? While in Mexico City for a week in 1981, I drank room-temperature Cokes all week, definitely didn’t use ANY local ice…so,brushed my teeth wetting the brush with my Listerine . Very thankful a friend had warned me. (You see: after popping the top of the bottle of water provided by the hotel then letting it stand overnight, the water was green the next morning…no kidding)
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day? Recently have been hurting in this area..probably 3 glasses of water and 2 cups of coffee....12 when I'm being a good girl on program.
9. March 24 Harry Houdini’s birthday: Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. Yep, went to the Fox Theatre on our anniversary one year and see David Copperfield…he did not disappoint…we were sitting about two rows from the location of his “making a motorcycle move from the stage to behind our seats”…yes, he did!!
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? NOPE, eager to read the other stories about on-stage adventures
12. What U.S. STATE, you’ve never visited, do you wantto visit?ALASKA, hoping to go this summer
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Well, I would so love for Bertie to come live at my house...so I can give my current mixer to someone who doesn't mind a noisy kitchen.
Hubby 'kinda' listened and bought me a stand mixer one Christmas...hhmmm.
I've STRUGGLED to MAKE IT into a Kitchenaide...but, a Kitchenaide it ain't. It is certainly an IT.
IT's bowl truly holds onto the base but when I need to remove it for cleaning, IT hangs onto the base as if I'm going to torture it with my dish detergent and scrubby...."No, you can't make me go!", IT screams.
IT also roars like a lion when on LOW (I've not been brave enough to put it on HIGH, IT might might fly off the base and out through the roof off like a jet engine...or IT might report me to the Department of Family and Mixer Services for unfair labor in my kitchen.).
Finally, it's WHITE...I like white, really...but, everything in my kitchen is either stainless or black ("but it was a GOOD deal"...so he said)
Oh, Bertie, I long for your saying "adios" to Francesca and Kacey, long for our times together bidding "so long" to IT and llong to form a lasting relationship while we mix, whip, knead, and cream our combined talents creating tasty treats for my family and all those who will want to meet you!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Father, stir within Your people to pray...not just be upset by the ways of this worldbut to intercede for Your ways, Your will.God so much we don't understand...so much is distorted by the media by the retelling of stories between people.Stir up within us a righteous anger toward the evil in this world. Help us to remember we do not battle against the flesh and blood we see..."Put on the full armor of God so you can stand against the tactics of the Devil. For our battle is not against flesh and blood,but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness,against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens." Eph. 6Satan is at work, trying to steal, kill and destroy(John 10:10-11)Father show each of us what he has stolen from us...peace, joy, love, hope.....so much that is promised us...even in the midst of any trying circumstances, Father, You know us more intimately than we know ourselves..."Search me [thoroughly],O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."Ps. 139Jesus we need a revival poured out in this country. Your people need awakened. I remember the simple hunger for more of You in the 70's....we couldn't wait for the next time we could gather to hear Your Words...to worship You.God, please pour Your Spirit out on Your people today. Renew us, revive us, awaken us. Sometimes I think we've become like that frog placed in cold water and the heat was turned up but it didn't realize until it was burned. God don't allow us to wallow in complacency...believing in You, yet without the passionate relationship. Sound the battle cry for this country....Your ways are not ours and the ways of this world are corrupting us and destroying the soul of humanity. God tell us how to pray.Put a stop to useless new laws,take down politicians not of Your will....raise up a new standard.true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, good repute, excellence, worthy of praiseCause these things to be our focus....to lay aside grumblings and complaining...to hit our knees before Youto worship Youto hear Your thoughtsto intercedeMay Your standard arise within us!In Jesus name, AMEN
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him
For the help of His presence.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010