Friday, December 13, 2013

ChristmasIsComing Simple Woman’s Daybook

(Jumping in with Cindy)

My own version of the Simple Woman's Daybook for today:

Outside my window...
Cool day…highs in 48-50* range…clouds rolling in and rain is supposed to start tonight.

I’m thinking...
these cooler temperatures are awesome for me in my ‘eternal’ hot-flash state.  Everyone else is complaining it’s cold.

I am thankful for...
My husband handling the food lineup for Christmas week with his sister…they’re splitting the cooking/food responsibilities.

From the kitchen...
turkey cutlets wrapped in bacon, seared in balsamic vinegar; broccoli, cauliflower, carrots in cheese sauce, French rolls, tomato slices

I am reading...
Disciple 1, Week 15…Hope

I am creating...
table decorations for our Christmas dinner table … pics later

Around the house...
There are signs of Christmas: An un-decorated tree, a wreath on the door and a stocking on the garage door entrance and a blooming Christmas cactus.

On my MP3 player this week...
nothing Sad smile

One of my favorite things...
Arizona Peach Tea … instant packets with Splenda included.  I don’t have to make a gallon at a time.

One of my least favorite things...
Mommies continuing to shop, ignoring or being impatient with their ‘obviously-tired, screaming’ children riding in shopping carts

A Simple Grace Note...
Look Ma, NO cavities…yeah!

My Simple Devotion:  Day 46 Daily Affirmations (grieving a recent loss of a friend lost much too soon)  Today’s word: BLISS  The dictionary notes BLISS as:   state of extreme happiness, ecstasy, or spiritual joy

It can be hard for to imagine your loved one in a state of such happiness. But, why not try it for today?   After all, it’s a comforting thought, isn’t it?   Of all the things you could consider as their experience after death, this is a nice one. 

If “bliss” is too strong, try “quiet contentment.” Rest assured, it’s not likely they are suffering the sorrows of grief you are.  Wouldn’t they have joy in knowing you’ve found some measure of comfort for yourself in thinking they are blissful?

So, just for today, try that thought on for size. If it “fits,” wear it – from this day forward; like a warm jacket on a windy day.

Quotation for the Day
"I can assure you those who have already passed have not only made it to the Other Side, but are in a state of bliss." ~ Sylvia Browne, Journal of Love & Healing

I read the above quote; but I needed something from God’s Word to give me a better confirmation.

Revelation 14:13 “Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.  Yes, says the Spirit, they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.” (now THAT sounds like bliss)!

A Picture to Share:

IMG_20131210_124036_479

Our prayer shawl ministry had a Christmas brunch this past Tuesday morning, so Zena and I had a chance to get a new picture Winking smile