1. What's your worst food memory? How about one of your best?
McDonald's surprised me with broken light bulb in my "two all beef patties special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion s, on a sesame seed bun"...thankfully it didn't cut my mouth...my parents were NOT happy.
What fun it was on a date with my first boyfriend and his family at a 'swanky' restaurant her in town...ordered escargot for the 1st time...blown away by it's wonderful garlic butter, panko crumbs and cute little 'plucking' fork...what a GREAT night that was for me at the age of 16...one of the first times feeling 'big'.
2. Do you appreciate people telling it like it is, or would you rather a speaker temper his/her words and maybe beat around the bush a little? How about when you're the one communicating...which type are you?
My appreciating speakers varies sometimes according to my time limitations...sometimes my ears are needing to move on to other things; however, truth and common sense play into it also for me. Blowing smoke and deception turn me quickly.
Over the years I've had to become more of a 'driving' speaker to my husband, because he doesn't want to hear a lot of fluff, hahah! I can be wonderfully flowery with my gal pals though!
3. What's your favorite place to hang out?
My blue leather recliner fits my body very nicely...and there's a sweet spot on the loveseat in our parlor at church.
4. When do you most feel like you're a slave to time?
Having dinner on the table between 6:00 and 7:00...sometimes bittersweet now that collegegirl is out on her own; always have someone missing from the table now.
5. What was the last concert you attended? Who'd you go with? Was it any good?
July 4th our chancel choir at church performed their "Independence Day" celebration with full orchestra and Biblical readings/vignettes.
6. Reality TV...harmful or harmless? What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV?
There is no such things as reality tv; they've convince so many people that tv is real...believe me, it is not.
I entertain the silliness of DUCK DYNASTY and their continuing in witness as they visit churches and give their testimonies.
7. What's something you think is overrated?
Being on reality tv is overrated...look deep at the many who have done it...certainly doesn't seem their lives are better because of it
kind of like politics and its ability to ruin someone's decision making.
8. My RANDOM THOUGHT: our MIRACLE!
MY GREAT NIECE, KATIE, WAS DISCHARGED FROM THE HOSPITAL
8 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING A NEW HEART!
Uncle Charles and I are so proud of you FOR:
keeping the doctors and nurses on their toes
and loving on them like you love on US!
I'm so eager to see you but I have a cold and don't want to share the germs with you.
You keep loving on MoMo until I can see you for REALZ, okay?
(I love You, Lord, and I lift my voice. To worship You, oh, my soul rejoice! Take joy, my King, in what you hear! May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear!)