- Spent several days with my Mom in the backwoods of Alabama, where the parties are cows/horses gathering at the gate for their afternoon feedings
- Shopping for clothes is somewhat more complicated since her macular degeneration is taking a much bigger toll on her abilities
- Temperatures have continued to be in the ‘teens’ this week, which made for a very cold classroom at church for our Disciple I class…so, so thankful for my hubs lending us his basement space heater….Thank you, honey!
- My collegeGirl’s part-time work as an extra in multiple TV shows and movies here in ATL has been fun…she’s actually got face shots in several of the trailer commercials for this season…It’s rather intriguing seeing your child made up and on TV in many different character types
- Enjoyed a movie with my sweet friend on MLK Day…we saw THE BUTLER. I was surprised to see so many familiar faces in that movie…well played, good music and accurately scripted, I think
- So happy my prayer partner’s daughter, Melissa, is home from her internship in Trujillo, Peru…It was tough on her mama not having her girl here over Christmas; but, oh the things she has learned, shared and taught while she was away from us. She’s adapted to a much simpler way of life, now wanting to throw out most of her stuff saying she doesn’t need it…a little culture shock readjusting to America? I think so….so proud of her!
- Bought us a 3 1/2 pound pork roast yesterday for .99/pound, WOOHOO! Since there are only two of us in the house these days that much meat goes a long way. Cut in in half, seared the halves; now one is in the crockpot with apples, carrots, potatoes, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and water…the other half is in a simmering stew pot with French dip au jus…my house smells GLORIOUS as they cook.
- Praying for my friend who is in the early stages of menopause…her poor body can’t decide what it is doing…I hurt for her and pray her transition is SOON OVER and doesn’t LINGER.
Galatians 6:9-10 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Pray for someone you know today