Tuesday, October 9, 2012

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE, #97




1. Ways I indulge myself:  drink a dolce cinnamon grande @ *bux,
get an American pedicure or
order sushi and walnut-honey chicken for dinner.

2. Having never taken a cooking class, I'm open to any type of class...but I would LOVE to learn how to make a really GOOD 'hot & sour' Chinese soup. 

3. The meaning of "being a good citizen"...
taking responsibility for yourself and your family's well being;
paying your own way;
saving for your future and paying off your bills;
reading/listening/talking with others and being up-to-date on issues and 'histories' of candidates so you can participate in this Republic and VOTE with knowledge rather than because of some one's looks;
stepping up and speaking out when you witness illegal activities and helping when needed;
showing up for jury duty.

4.  Political ads irritate me when they center on the negative rather than the positives of their platform....
they DO NOT influence my vote;
my knowledge influences my vote.

5.  I saw something today that makes me glad I'm not a kid again:



http://www.teachthought.com/industry/10-surprising-things-banned-in-schools-today/
 (am I the only one; can people not see that this is RIDICULOUS!??)

6. My least favorite cliche probably is: You can't teach an old dog new tricks...I believe as long as we breathe we can continue to learn.

7.  So far, I've completed about 20% of my overall Christmas shopping and this makes me happy...last year I didn't start until December 1.

8.  My random thought: 
 
I've been contemplating whether or not to let hubs invite friends over to play now that he has retired...
 
I can just imagine their getting into all kinds of mischief:
 
 

 












John 8:31 "If you continue in my word, then you are truly Disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
Blessings,