Saturday, October 8, 2011

PROJECT 365...WEEK 41 (I've missed quite a few)







Come join us over at Sara's




























Tuesday, October 4, 2011
I added new flowers to my Fall door decoration...$4 worth of flowers from THE DOLLAR STORE...I liked the new color the flowers brought against the dark door.  Later I made "eggplant" roll ups with leftover 'turkey marinara/angel hair'...it was deeee-lish, even if I do say so for myself.














Thursday, October 6
I've been putting one or two Fall decorations out each day or so.  On Thursday my little "thrifty" kitties came out to play for the season.  I got them each for $.50...I love the attitudes they seem to be displaying.  I've named them "Stretch, LazyBoy and WhoDat"...and Hubs isn't allergic to these little guys, hahah!



















Friday, October 7
We celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary eating at one of our local Italian restaurants...then, when we got home we exchanged some gifts...Hubbie was sweet to give me these...(this is a pic from the store's website)...mine are actually a prettier deep blue with deep green in the stones; they look like see-through little worlds...I'll get another picture some time so you can see their color better.
Saturday, October 8

I found some really cute kitchen towels at the grocery store and decided they were the colors I needed on the fireplace mantle


















This afternoon I finally had time to make the cake I had intended to make on Friday...a chocolate Mexican Pound Cake...dark chocolate and a little cinnamon make this one a winner to me.



Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."      Blessings,

9 comments:

semperfi said...

Love the kitty decorations & the cake looks wonderful!! Kim

The Bug said...

Mmm - that cake looks fabulous! Love your fall decorations :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Love that wreath... and cake... and necklace... and the cats without allergies! So cool to get a peek inside your world.

Let me know the next time you're in Fayetteville. I'd love to get together for some food and fellowship.

peace~elaine

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved the cake, made me want a piece. The decorations were gorgeous.

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

great pictures. that cake looks yummy

sara said...

Happy anniversary!!!

oh my word that pound cake looks delicious!!!

Diann said...

All your little Fall touches are fun and pretty. And the food looks delish!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Happy Anniversary...love the letter K, that is great, and pound cake, oh my I never have enough recipes

rita said...

K is our letter. Gotta get me one of those. Great decorating touches.