1. A rule of life which should never be broken: Honor your parents…
it hurts my heart to watch/hear instances where disrespect in this area comes out with such harsh actions or in hurtful words or totally disregarding them and not wanting to spend any time with them. You never fully understand this situation until you become a parent.
2. My favorite family recipe…hhhhmmmm…probably my Mother’s chicken dressing and giblet gravy (which I will be making next week) and my close second is the SOUTHERN LIVING Cheddar Cheese grits with Shrimp that I make for New Year’s day…omgoodness, it is gooooooood!
3. Is the media manipulative? hahahahahahah, I’m laff’ing so hard I can’t even begin to answer this question.
Garlic Shrimp and Grits
Prep: 20 min., Cook: 15 min.
1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp, cooked
(Leave the tails on a few of the shrimp--for a garnish/attractive presentation) Peel remainder of shrimp, and de-vein
3 cups water
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
Garnishes: chopped fresh chives, peeled and cooked shrimp, freshly ground black pepper
Bring 3 cups water, cream, butter, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in grits.
Cook, whisking constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
Stir in 1 pound shrimp, cheese, and garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
(I transfer these to a crockpot, set on 'low', when serving on a buffet...if it sits more than 30 minutes, you'll have to add a little hot water and remix...grits can become clumpy...but a little stirring after the hot water will smooth them right out again)
Yield: Makes 4 servings
4. Being a fan of the Bond films has been a tradition in my family and it continues on…they all bring their own ‘flavor’ to the character of Bond, and they ALL rock their tuxedos … I cannot choose a favorite. My favorite music soundtrack was from THE SPY WHO LOVED ME…Carly Simon and NOBODY DOES IT BETTER…I used to wear my headphones listening to that album while doing my homework, hahahah!
5. One thing I hope people never say about me: She agrees with everybody and never rocks the boat.
6. A nearby tourist attraction I'd like to see, but haven't gotten around to visiting is the new Coca Cola World downtown.
7. My favorite trees are not here. There are two trees bearing my name in the YATIR FOREST in Israel…
60 years ago...Israel's War of Independence...Our Lord's homeland...
Did you know Americans helped save it...
Back then, there were immigration ship runners before the establishment of the state, who brought more than 31,000 Holocaust survivors to Palestine.
Jump to 2005, I facilitated a Disciple 2 class...at the end of our 34-week Bible-study journey, they presented me with a certificate I never expected...one confirming the purchase and planting of two trees (in my honor) from the National Jewish Foundation in Israel. I was taken aback. Here’s a 1965 picture of the area:
and here it is in 2008:
8. Our Prayer Shawl Ministry gathered a large box of socks, underwear and hats and it has been successfully mailed to New Jersey to help warm the feet of those enduring the aftermath of Sandy. Praying they feel the warmth of our concern for them.