Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WED. HODGEPODGE #115 PECKER-INVADED


Joining JOYCE and group, over @ FROM THIS SIDE OF THE POND…









1. When were you last facing an ocean?   2009
Using just ONE word, describe how you felt:   refreshed

2. What are three sounds you hate to hear? 
  • slipping a knife across a plate,
  • fighting cats, and
  • Howard Wolowitz’ mother’s voice

3. When shopping, do you try on in the store before buying or  buy then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?  in store

4. February 26th /National Pistachio Day...
Are you a fan of the little,green nut?  Yes, love them
Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?  Baked with them but prefer munching

5. When did you last have to compromise with someone?  don’t remember

6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official?  yes
Did you get a response?  yes

7. 'Marching' into a new month at the end of this week, what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?  attending  bridal shower

8. Insert your own random thought here.   The birds are returning…
red-bellied woodpeckers
100_3679










100_3685











100_3686





























THE BELOW SHOT was taken with my extended zoom…she was about 60 feet up in one of our large oak trees…
100_3677


















In summary…it’s been too long since visiting the ocean,
but too frequently watching BIG BANG THEORY
 
…thanks to the ‘try on’ question, depression has set in thinking of bathing suits

…which means the heightened want for pistachio bread needs to be erased quickly

… memory is often GONE these days,  BUT…'compromise' is a DIRTY word to a ‘hormone-less’ woman

...which may explain why I don’t remember the last time I compromised

…isn’t it great that weddings help remind us all is not lost for the future; many still believe in God’s Word and following His Plan for life's order

Finally, by mid-March I’ll be ‘giving the birds’ a piece of my mind, because they’ll be wanting to compromise my ‘waking up’ in the mornings with their chirping…hahahahah! 

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

14 comments:

The Henry Crew! said...

What a beautiful woodpecker! Now that we are settled, I need to get out my birdfeeders! And hahaha - the voice of Howard Wolowitz's mother, that made me laugh! Truly grating, isn't it?! have a good day!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers,especially your recap, you are too funny. What beautiful pictures! Birds are so fun to watch!
until next time...nel

Zoanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zoanna said...

Beautiful woodpecker! Your closing paragraphs always crack me up. :)

Kara said...

Great summary! :D And those are beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Miss CB said...

I laughed over Howard's mother's voice. That certainly is very annoying!! lol

Rebecca Lobb said...

Those birds are beautiful. And yes slipping a knife across a plate is a nasty sound!

Joyce said...

Whoohoo! Look at you #1 today : ) I love the woodpecker photos. We have some beauties here too, but as it was raining ice and there's still snow on the ground, the birds are not back out in full force. I'm ready though!

April said...

Great pictures of the woodpecker! I got a new camera for Christmas, so I've been playing around with it a lot. I need to try my telephoto lens outdoors. Hopefully, the weather will start warming up so I can make that happen!

Angie Church said...

I have contacted our elected officials before and have always got a reply as well glad you did as well
come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love the woodpecker. Great shot.

Sassy Granny ... said...

Our backyard is beginning to fill up with birds as well. It's such an affirmative collection; a promise that Spring is springing.

I also chuckle at the hormonal references. I'm long past the change, but I shall never forget the world of flushing (and a short temper). Everyone else is glad I'm through it too :)


2nd Cup of Coffee said...

My goodness, beautiful pics. I just told Lid that it feels so familiar and yet so strange to read blog posts again. :)

betty r said...

I enjoyed your hodge-podge and photos!