Hhhhhhhhmmmmm, what have I not referenced in these memes before today's request??
- When I was a little girl I would "ballet" around the house literally up on the knuckles of my toes, spinning, posing in front of the full-length mirror on the back of our bedroom door.
- My sister and I shared a bedroom our "entire" lives at home...she was a better big sister than I would have been...she was 8 years older, and she didn't mind if I tried on her clothes, held her stuffed animals, and even tagged along on her dates. I cried for many nights after she married at the age of 21 and I was suddenly alone.
- I loved writing and drawing on the sliding glass door when it was get "steamed up" in the winter...my Mother didn't like it so much, but some of my best art was born on those cold winter mornings and evenings. You know, smiley faces, hearts, special messages sometimes.
- My Daddy was playing baseball with my sister one time in the backyard...I was too small and was told to stay clear of the bat...but I was never a "fully obeying" child because I ALWAYS wanted to be in on the fun...I snuck behind my Daddy to catch the ball as my sister threw it to him just as he drew back to hit the ball and clipped me instead!
- My senior prom was at the Peachtree Plaza...Ya'll, this was a BIG deal (at that time it was the tallest hotel in the world) in 1977 and I remember my Mother being so scared about our going there and being "up that high". (One of the girls from our school caught her dress in one of the escalators going up to our ballroom....poor thing lost her dress and her evening was over).
- I love to fly airplanes--yes, FLY the plane--I discovered I had this LOVE from a dear friend/ pilot who had flown f-14's in "'NAM"...I would accompany him in flying single-engine planes out of the "Naval Air Club" at Dobbins, where we would do all of our own system and security checks before taking off. The sunsets were gorgeous, once we got out of the congestion around the Atlanta area. After I was married DH surprised me with a flying lesson at our local airport...(that made 5 times for being in control of an aircraft)...yes, me in control of a large vehicle more than 500 feet above the earth...it is exhilarating each time I do it.
- Now it is my turn to pass the fun to another blogger...How about it?
TAG, your turn, to the following six bloggers...if you've already posted today, wait and post your turn tomorrow...I know how hard it is to get two in one day.
- Be Still
- Simple Things in a Complex World
- Life's Short
- Just a Southern Girl
So eager to read your "randoms"!