Saturday, June 12, 2010

PROJECT 365...someone's home from Italy

JOINING SARA...
My 365 week was basically NON-EXISTENT...but, DD's was very much a photo op...

Having spent 10 days in Italy, there are pictures GALORE.
Here are several of her memories...

Flying first into Florence, then on to Venice... gondola rides were a MUST...

Streets of water....


SORRENTO was one of her favorites...
beautiful sunsets were the norm!
Thank goodness they enjoyed WONDERFUL weather









No trip would be complete without 'holding up Vesuvius', hahahaha!












SNEAKING IN SOME SLEEP on the ferry




CAPRI was another favorite...just look at those views!









Got a little time in the water...

MORE amazing scenery...


The streets of POMPEY were eery but intriguing...they had learned so much about this period in their Latin class...











lots of walking...
walking...
more walking

Culinary school in Rome...LOTS OF FUN learning to make pasta





Gladiator school proved a lot of fun, too! Their teacher has taught stars, like Russell Crowe, to be gladiators in movies!

All of the columns were SOOOO ornate...everywhere you looked.

















GELATO was one of the BIGGEST hits of the trip...

Surely wish I could have been on this trip ;)

Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Blessings,

15 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

What fun pics!!

Tori said...

What gorgeous pictures and amazing memories!! I think you should definitely go next time!! :)

Shannon said...

Very cool pictures. What an adventure!

sara said...

oh, I want to go back!!! especially after seeing the picture of the gelato!!! so yummy!!!

she was able to see so much!! what a great trip!

sanjeet said...

What fun pics!!
PPC Advertising India

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

R

Dena said...

Going to Italy is my dream vacation. I would love to see and do all that she did. What an amazing trip!

Kim said...

One of these days I.Have.To.Get.To.Italy! I'd especially love to do one of those week-long cooking tours at a quaint village in the countryside.

Loved seeing DDs gorgeous photos. What an amazing trip! Wonderful memories with special friends.

But I know you're glad to have her home too :D

Have a wonderful week! I'll be in Sta. Rosa and without internet except for days we get in to the tea shop with wifi.

Elizabeth said...

Looks like some fun times!

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow what a beautiful trip. Loved all the pictures. The Gondola ride looked awesome and the streets of water are amazing. What a dream.

Joyce said...

Italy. Sigh. It's my happy place and next to England my favorite place in the world. I love the food, scenery, people...everything about it. Great pictures....when we were in Rome my hubs commented that everyone and their brother must have been walking around with a chisel in their hands back in the day. I say all that beautiful carving is due to the fact that there was no television or internet : )

McCrakensx4 said...

Looks like an amazing trip. That is one place I would love to visit some day! Great photographs.

Ms.Daisy said...

Thank you so much for taking me on that trip to Italy (probably the only one I'll ever get to go on!lol!) The pictures are amazing and the sunset was truly beautiful.


~Jean

Rose said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics. I'm dying to visit that very place!

Lori @ The Davidson Den said...

Oh, man. Always, always, always wanted to go there. Boo hoo! Pictures are lovely!! She looks like she had an absolute blast.