Thursday, June 24, 2010

SOUTHERN* SUMMER CHARMS

My DD is out and about again, being the social butterfly she is...and I'm BORED.
Doing laundry and mopping floors can go only SO FAR as a form of summertime entertainment.

How about I start a 'remainder-of- the- Summer' meme? Easy, peasie...a pic or two..a quick note saying whatcha been up to...with a friend...or alone even, like me.

MY SUMMER MEMORIES ARE SOUTHERN...
that's why I 'asterisked', is that a correct verb?, my SOUTHERN on the button.

Your blogging buddies would like to hear, see, or imagine YOUR summer, I know.

And, it might be WESTERN...
or ITALIAN...
or NORTHERN, pray tell...("Bless them, Lord, they can't help they might be yankees." 'jes teasin.... ;)

Maybe a charm or memory from the past (when the summertime 'living was easy') hahaha...or even your favorite 'summer' scene from a movie...(sorry, Lid...yes, we can talk musicals, too)

Are you game?? Anyone out there interested?

I could do Mr. McLINKY on Sunday night for Monday morning reading.

Here's a quick, Southern Summery memory: When I was a kid, I loved lying on granny's quilt under the magnolia tree looking up at the clouds deciding what 'pictures' they made...elephants, flowers, faces (like inksplats on paper...a form of childhood psychology, for sure)

Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,