Friday, September 17, 2010

GoodNightSleepTightPleasantDreamsSameToYou FLASHBACK


What was bedtime like when you were growing up? 9pm until 16yo
...your parents strict in enforcing bedtimes? yes

Were you a difficult one to get to bed? yes, i was afraid i'd miss something...

Did your parents share stories about getting you to sleep when you were a baby? i always slept w/ my big sister

When did your parents turn bedtime over to you? 16yo...i could stay up until 11 if i wanted...usually I didn't want to

Were there any special rituals/routines a parent did - books, singing a special song, etc.?  Nighty kisses, I would hug them and kiss them goodnight

Nightlights, music, special doll/blanket or other things? nighlights for a while; don't remember when they stopped

Did you have your own bed or did you share with a sibling? shared until she got married when I was 13yo

Did you have nighttime fears and bad dreams? Yep, the Jolly Green Giant was always chasing me and I'd hide many places...I never could figure this one out...I loved the JGGiant.

How did you handle them? Mother would come in an calm me if she heard me crying...

Did you ever walk or talk in your sleep? yep, quite often.  I'd take my pillow and go into the bathroom and put the seat down on the toilet...she often found me sitting there saying something, but my Mother never knew what I was saying...she'd walk me back to bed.  I never remembered it the next mornings...guess I was physically running from the Giant again, hahahah.

Feel free to also share any routines you have done with your kids.



Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." 
Blessings,