Sunday, September 12, 2010

PROJECT 365...kinda, week 37


A FEW PICS (click each pic to see a larger view) FROM THIS WEEK AS WE LINK UP WITH SARAH
...WEEK 37 ALREADY...ACTUALLY MOST OF THESE PICS ARE FROM WEEK 36
MY NEW CLASS...THEY'RE WONDERFULLY FULL OF KNOWLEDGE AND LOTS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE SCRIPTURES...
IT WAS SUCH A GOOD TIME GETTING TO VISIT WITH DD IN HER NEW ENVIRONMENT OF COLLEGE...BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS.  CLASSES ARE KEEPING HER BUSY  YET SHE HAS MENTIONED SHE MISSES HOME COOKING...YOU KNOW THAT 'INSTITUTIONAL FOOD' REPETITION DOES GET OLD QUICKLY.

WITH MY BAND/PERFORMANCE BACKGROUND, THIS WAS ONE OF THE HIGHLIGHTS FOR ME....WE WERE PARKED RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE 'MILLION-DOLLAR BAND'S" PRACTICE FIELD

WE WALKED A LOT...A LOT...DID I SAY, A LOT?  HAHA
HER FIRST GAMEDAY WAS FULL OF TAILGATING, EATING AND SHOWING US WHICH BUILDINGS HELD HER CLASSES...AND THE BEST PART OF THE TRIP WAS CATCHING UP WITH OTHER FRIENDS WHO ARE ALSO AT THE SAME COLLEGE




Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." 
Blessings,


12 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hope she is enjoying college life and that you are adapting to her "flight from the nest." I was ready for the boys to go back, but I do enjoy seeing them on the weekends when they come home.

Blessed Sabbath rest to you this day.

peace~elaine

Mocha with Linda said...

I love how you do the collages! Great pics!

Spring M Fricks said...

Love the pics/collages. Your daughter is off to college? I sometimes wonder how I'll handle that transition when the time comes. :-)

I think the sound of the Shofar is one of my favorite things!

sara said...

I so miss my daughter being in the college band!! and am very glad I have 2 more years of HS band!

love that you got to go visit her at the college. I hope to do that with my son soon.

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Loved the one with C & C infront of that giant blow up elephant!

Talk to u soon!

R

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the collages and the band looks cool.

Kim said...

How incredibly fun to see DD at school and get to experience a little of her current life!

Looks like a great group of women. What a blessing!

Have a wonderful week!

Cathy said...

Great pics. I have a daughter in her first year of college too.

McCrakensx4 said...

Is that the Alabama A I saw? How fun to be able to see & hear them. What a fun time and love all of your picture collages!

RaD said...

Your collages are nice, do you scrapbook them?

I missed home cooking my first year away from home too. Hopefully your daughter is adapting quickly to college life!

rita said...

Such happy reunions, fun college memories, beautiful photos.
Have a good rest of the week.

Tori said...

Looks like you had fun visiting! I love your prsentation of the visit too!!