Tuesday, February 1, 2011

THISnTHAT...WHATCHA COOKIN?

Caught up on blogging while sipping my morning coffee...played a couple of rounds of 'Family Feud' and 'Wheel of Fortune' on my laptop...since our cable company decided to move the gameshow network to the "upgraded" service, I don't get to watch it anymore.

Ran to the post office to mail BabyGirl's coat...found it on the settee this morning.  Traffic around the square was crazy busy...and I had waited until later in the day to go.  I thought it would be a fairly quick trip...WRONG!  (I do try to avoid running into the 'lunchtime' errand runners).  Anyway, the box is on its way so it should arrive in a couple of days before the onslaught of the next 'frigid' weather.

The temperature was dropping rapidly as I returned to the house...guess it's coming in quicker than I had thought.  My clean dishes were calling from the nightly-run dishwasher so I rescued them from their temporary spa before immediately adding more dirties in their place. 

Watched Ina Garten for a little bit...not too impressive today.  Put away the final batch of Christmas items in the basement and grabbed some of the dinner fixings from the freezer. 

Jenny @ Flutterbye Chronicles is  wondering what different things we're cooking lately.  My last dinner was 30-minute easy and hubby went back for seconds, always a good sign!


I had a quart of leftover, diced butternut squash... so I  tossed it into a pot with a packet of Sazon Tropical, a tablespoon of coconut cream, a tblsp./butter and a 1 1/2 cups of water...after boiling it down, the immersion blender whirred it into a wonderfully colorful, flavorful and full-of- nutrients soup to have alongside the Bird's Eyes Voila (garlic shrimp/pasta/corn/carrot/broccoli and warmed Hawaiian rolls...yummo!

The evening was quiet while I knitted the shawl I started last week, DaddySkoot napped off and on under a blanket while CHUCK was taking down Alexi Volkoff... before Chuck's sister gave birth to a baby girl while Chuck was proposing to Sarah in the hallway...how can you sleep through that? hahahah

What fun did you have today?  Come on over to Flutterbye and tell us what you've been cooking... ;)