Monday, November 28, 2011

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS...yep, got 'em both

meme2

Flock Togetherjoining Mom's Best Nest...just clickit...  





w/ Here come the Girls 


and 
Made in a Day

Melancholy...sad, gloomy, blue ... each time Skoot has to depart and return to college; wanting to get in the car and travel with her; thinking of all the 'possibilities' between here and T'town.


Asking her to 'look in my eyes' and 'repeat', "I promise I will pay close attention to the road and drive slower during the rain" before getting into the driver's seat helped a little of my 'motherly concern'...while at the same time beginning the prayers for her safely traveling down the road.





Reaffirming her gasoline tank situation and reminding her to call me when she got there, rounded out my 'normal' discussions after I hugged her 'goodbye' one more time.

Waving as she pulled out, I'm thinking, "Mommies just crave to: "protect them no matter what", "peek in their bedroom door seeing them enjoying their Holiday rest", "feed them their favorite whatever/whenever", "capture their smiles for all times' sake in case they aren't within reach", "talk to them about their heartl-felt concerns" and "hug them whenever/whereever/always".

I'm just cravin' those things noted above, and she just left out the driveway.


Walking back into the house knowing I must get onto other things and keep myself busy until I hear the phone, or get a text, or see an update on Facey-Booky.
Welp...Hubs back to work, Skoot back to school...  
"OK, tree, it's just you and me" :/


7 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I feel your pain, girl, although we were so full and loud this weekend, I was ready for everyone to return to school this morning.

Being a mom is a beautiful gift of grace... I'm so glad for the noises that fill my heart.

peace~elaine

NinaLaZina said...

She is safe, as she is travelling with your love.
Nina

Mikki said...

So nice to meet you! Thanks for joining Flock Together today. I am now your happy follower. Hope all is well with DD and the tree :)

Here come the girls said...

Oh you have described it so well. This made me feel very emotional. I am sure she is safe having your words in her head and knowing you are always thinking of her.

Thanks so much for linking up. It was lovely to have you. Virtual tea and sympathy sent to you.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Such a hard thing it is to send our young-ins off on their life adventures...what comfort we have in knowing that there is one who knows all...
CONGRATS...you are the winner of my giveaway...One Thousand Gifts...send me an email with your mailing address and I'll get it right out.
Rene
missgracies@gmail.com

Life,Twins,DramaQueen said...

Hi,
New follower from the blog hop please come follow me back :)
http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.com/

The Lovely Mrs. P said...

Following from Made in a Day Tuesday Blog Hop Social! Come by tomorrow and join in again!
Kim@madeinaday!