Thursday, November 17, 2011

A NEW CHAI T'GIVING TRADITION and RANDI K

While enjoying some blog hopping today, I ran across this…
I had recently begun pondering my ‘food lineup’ for the big day next Thursday

I believe this will make it onto the menu.   If the flavors come together, like I believe they will, it may end up being on my table every Turkey day...my friend, you know her with the initials BS&K…loves to bake bread and she LOVES chai tea, so this will float her boat also.)

Here’s the recipe…
Chai Tea Bread - from The Jey of Cooking
For the bread:
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 Tbsp. vanilla
* 1/2 cup prepared black tea, cooled
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1/4 tsp. cardamom
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp. cloves
* 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 2 cups flour
For the glaze:
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1/4 tsp. vanilla
* 3-6 tsp. prepared black tea, cooled
* additional cinnamon

and...as a side note:
SANDRA SINGH is linking to RANDI K DESIGNS (who is having a neat giveaway...patterns, etc.) What beautiful work Randi does...very gifted in color and patterning.







You know I <3 your comments....so:

1)  WHAT NEW RECIPES WILL YOU BE TRYING FOR THIS YEAR’S THANKSGIVING FEAST?...'
or
2) WHAT NEW KNITTING PATTERNS ARE YOU MAKING?

4 comments:

SusanD said...

I'm definitely going to make this. I love Chai Tea. Bonus...I have everything on hand to whip it up! lol. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

sara said...

my daughter loves chai tea so I think I will have to make this and surprise her!!!

No new recipes on the table this year....we can't bare to break from tradition!!! :)

Sassy Granny ... said...

I gained 3 pounds just reading this yummy recipe! I love, love, love this time of year cuz everyone's got such great recipes posted.

Kim said...

That chai tea bread sounds wonderful!

We won't be celebrating Thanksgiving. Since we're the only Americans in our area, and most years I'm working (helping with oral exams at the English Institute in our town) we just haven't made the effort. Plus turkey is so expensive -- if you can even find it. AND, probably the biggest reason, I really don't want to turn my oven on and heat the kitchen up any more than it already is... because this time of year in Argentina it's generally in the 90s!

But I'll enjoy Thanksgiving vicariously through our family and my blog friends :) Post some pretty pictures, okay?! :)