Wednesday, June 27, 2012

THE 83RD HODGEPODGE

JOINING JOYCE…FROM THIS SIDE OF THE POND:

1. FREEDOM and LIBERTY are casting-out fear words.  They were fought over, people died for them.
Yet, lately they’ve been SQUASHED by people who don’t seem to appreciate them, or understand what they mean.  Why do some want FEAR sneaking back in where it is NOT wanted…my prayers are for casting out that FEAR and welcoming back in true FREEDOM and LIBERTY.

2. HOTDOGS/BRATWURST/SAUSAGES call out to me, wanting to be covered in onions/peppers/mustard sometimes, and other times they just want slaw or pickle relish

3. ASPARAGUS would be on my ‘all-you-can-eat’ wish list, and it doesn’t matter if it’s roasted, baked, seared or barbecued…God was thinking DELICIOUS when He made that one!

4. Our household rotated around a TRIUMERATE: three officers functioning jointly…God, Daddy and Mother.

5. Only a few times as a kid did I get to go to PANAMA CITY BEACH, FLORIDA for vacation…and it was wonderfully fun walking on the shore, looking for sea shells and sand dollars with my Mom, playing catch in the pool with my Daddy…not so fun was having my shoulders and back rubbed in Noxzema after the sunburn, because we did NOT have the good sunscreens lotions/sprays.

6. GUEST ROOMS are great for SNORING relief Winking smile, so mine gets used quite a lot. 

7. Celebration of the 4th changes according to the weather: less humidity calls us to watching fireworks outside our church with the multitude of families in our town; thunderstorms require our watching public TV's presentation from Washington on the TV.


8. Usually during this time of year my grandmother’s touch-me-nots are blooming.  But, this year NONE came up and my yard is empty of color (almost)…I did LOVE having them