Wednesday, June 24, 2009

OUTDOOR WED #24..."out visitin'...."

Participating in OUTDOOR WED. WITH SUSAN

A once sleepy, little Southern town...Winder is growing leaps and bounds.
DD and I had an appointment to view 'senior pic' proofs...DD brought along a girlfriend and I couldn't pass up the opp to get some shots around 'town'.

Their architecture still has some of its roots showing still...the corner shot of windows is one of their banks. And the Barrow County Court House is pretty with it's white dome tower...and I had to get a shot of the old railroad station which is now home to the Chamber of Commerce.

These are some quick shots I captured while sitting at various stop lights...

11 comments:

Hootin' Anni said...

I love this whole concept of collecting and sharing corners of your world!!!

My Outdoor Wednesday is now posted. It's a slideshow of our Star's Walk of Fame. Come by and view if you can. I'd love to have your company....

debbie said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday,
enjoyed your pictures/enjoyed your blog
will pray for those needing healing and those deployed.
hugs
debbie

Lisa said...

Very pretty! It's fun to see photos of where everyone is from.

Lisa

the wild raspberry said...

what a neat post...love the old architecture...
chasity

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

Very fun post!

Im loving the slide show...

Thanks for sharing.

TTFN~~Claudia

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice slideshow - thanks for sharing.
Glenda

Mary said...

I loved your slide show. It really is fun to see places through the eyes of others. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Blessings...Mary

stefanie said...

what a beautiful town

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Sweet little place. Like the quintessential hometown.

Janie's World said...

It looks like a wonderful little town where you live. Its amazing what you can take pictures of while waiting at a stoplight!

Kim said...

There's something wrong with my computer. All the photos are tiny and sideways. Que pasa?!

My little southern town is not so picturesque. Maybe 'cause it's a poor mining town. The courthouse is a squat little square building with a tiny lawn. Oh well, it is what it is!

Thanks for sharing!