Saturday, January 15, 2011

Project 365…Week THawREEing



JOINING SARAH WITH PROJECT 365 AGAIN THIS WEEK.

PLEASE CLICK ON EACH PIC...YOU GET A MUCH BETTER VIEW

 
 UNFORTUNATELY, THE PICS I HAD WANTED TO ADD ARE ON MY LAPTOP…WHICH DECIDED TO DIE TONIGHT...IT’S FATE IS A GUESSING GAME AT THIS MOMENT. 
1st: pray for a blogging friend, Joanne at The Simple Wife)... She had a stroke on Tuesday ...desperately need the swelling to go down in her brain. Please pray for her and her family)

HOPEFULLY, KATIE’S DADDY (MY NEPHEW, ‘MAGNUM CUM LAUDE’ BRANIAC THAT HE IS) WILL BE ABLE TO ‘FISS IT’ FOR ME…I HOPE, I HOPE.   ‘TIL THEN, HERE'S WHAT WAS AVAILABLE ON MY SD CARD AND ON MY PREVIOUS POSTS…

LAST SUNDAY, 1/9/11, BROUGHT US OUR FIRST SNOWFALL OF THIS YEAR…IT WAS A DOOZY (AS MY PAPA WOULD HAVE SAID)
BG

1/10, 1/11 (SEE PREVIOUS POSTS BELOW)
1/12,13 (IN THE LAND OF OBLIVION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE FROM DEAR NEPHEW)

1/14, FRIDAY…TEMPERATURES ROSE PASSED FREEZING AND A SMALL AMOUNT OF THAWING BROUGHT US BEAUTIFULLY LONG ICICLES…TOOK THIS SHOT OF THE BACKPORCH ‘BIG EGG’ COUNTER…
100_0138
MORE 1/14…FINALLY...CAPTURED 'SIR CARDINAL' AS HE WAS LOOKING FOR FOOD…NEVER GOT A GOOD SHOT OF HIS LADY FRIEND.
100_0139
EVEN MORE 1/14…WAS ABLE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE AND MEET bs&k WITH HER BELOVED AT A LOCAL EATERY AND ENJOY SOME GIRLTIME AS WE CHOWED DOWN ON ‘SKINNY TACOS’ AND ‘TACO SALADS’ (HAD VERDE WITH MINE Winking smile
100_0147
THE LAST 1/14 SHOT…THE SKIES WERE SOOOOO BLUE FOLLOWING THE SNOW/ICE STORM…MY RIVER BIRCH IS SO NAKED RIGHT NOW AND I LOVE HOW IT REACHES TO HEAVEN…DOESN’T IT LOOK LIKE INVERTED LITTLE BIRDY FEET AND LEGS POINTING TO THE SKY?
100_0144
1/15, SATURDAY    ONE OF OUR FRIENDS LOST HIS SISTER EARLIER THIS WEEK TO CANCER… I READIED MY FOOD, HUBS AND I SIGNED THE CARD AND HE KINDLY TOOK IT.


HUBS CAME HOME SAYING ANOTHER FRIEND LOST HIS SPECIAL NEEDS SISTER, TOO.  IT’S GOING TO BE A ROUGH WEEK FOR BOTH THESE FAMILIES.  

I REMEMBER HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS THE MONTHS FOLLOWING MY DADDY'S DEATH… 
PRAY FOR GOD’S SPECIAL HAND TO COMFORT BOTH THESE FAMILIES.
100_0150

WE HAVE HOPE IN THE LOVE OF CHRIST....

12 comments:

That One Girl said...

Nice shot of the Cardinal! I'll be sending my prayers for your two friends. When my father passed away, I had a great church family to help me thru.

Jacque ~ Life Along The Way

Kim said...

What would we do without our I.T. family members?! :) Hoping the nephew successfully resuscitates your laptop! What's up with all the failing laptops? Mine, then Sara's, now yours... *sigh*

I just cannot get over how much snow y'all got this week! CRAZY! Tacos sound like the perfect anecdote to cold weather :)

Have a great week!

P.S. That banana was too far gone, in my opinion! I set it outside for the insects to finish it off.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

The tacos sounded yummy. When my dad passed away last year I don't know what I would have done without my church family and close friends. I am fortunate to have them. I will keep your special people in prayer tonight. Loved the cardinal.

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh it looks cold there! Lots of cardinal shots I am seeing around Project 365 this week! Any kind of tacos gets my vote...yum! Hope you have a great week and thoughts going out to the family...

Mimi said...

I will be sending prayers for your circle of loved ones.

Have a great week,
Pam

The Bug said...

I enjoyed your chilly pictures, but I'm ready for spring - how about you?

RaD said...

That's too bad about your computer and your friends who are grieving. I pray God gives them strength, guidance and love in these hard times.

I liked your icicle pic!

rita said...

So glad you overcame all obstacles to hang in there with P 365. Not even a lame effort: cardinal, snow, blue sky, icicle. All good.

LuAnn said...

Nice cardinal pic & icicle. I love winter pics.
But really looking forward to sprig already.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I do know Ed Grooms. I have sung in his church for his revival in 2010. My husband is the pastor at Rock Mills United Methodist in Randolph Co. How small a world is this?

Pamela said...

I'm so sorry about your friends' grief. Such a helpless feeling we have when our friends are hurting.

You mentioned taking food. Is there a favorite comfort food dish you make for these times? When our Sarah died I couldn't eat. When they finally said I had to the day of the funeral I chose a soft cheesecake with blueberry topping. I have no clue why, it just looked like something I could get down.

Shirley Mary said...

Many changes since I last checked your blog. . . very nice!
I seriously doubt that I will blog again but it's nice to check on my blogging friends from time to time.
My husband and I had a very nice Christmas and New Year. I wanted to see lights this year and we truly enjoyed this. Left Dec 23 and went to Dallas/Ft Worth. . Marshall, Tx, Jackson, TN and Nashville, TN. Spent the day New Years at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville where they had 2 million lights. Could never describe the beauty of this hotel
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Shirley Mary