Sunday, January 2, 2011

PROJECT 365--2011, Day One

January 1, 2011...Project 365 - Week 1

This will be Sara's 3rd year to host Project 365....and we're really excited.
Please join us for P365.  We'll be taking a picture a day for a year.

On Sundays, we all link up to show our week's pictures. (We were traveling out of town, and I didn't get any pictures.  My niece took some and I'm waiting to see them and see if I can copy them.)  We drove home Friday and enjoyed New Year's Eve  quietly watching college football (well, it was kinda quiet, we yelled a lot for Alabama!)  Thanks to Sara, I put my peas in my crockpot to cook overnight with the hambone...yum.

JANUARY 1, 2011 (Saturday)    Happy New Year!!!
Our menu included beans/hambone, BBQ'd pork ribs, sweet peas, fresh-baked hawaiian bread, apple butter, mashed sweet potatoes, and cabbage-cheese-bacon casserole...my house smelled "oh, so gooooood!"












Link up and share you pictures....even if it's just TWO!

"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Blessings,

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy New Year! Your dinner sounds wonderful, not that I need to be thinking about food : )

sara said...

yep, forgetting to soak the peas...not good. But I have done that before!!

What is in Hawaiian bread? I am always looking for new recipes for my bread machine!

Mimi said...

It sounds like a great dinner!

Mimi

LuAnn said...

Seen a lot of black eyed peas this week. Must be a southern thing. I might have to try them.

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I'll have to do my BEP's some day this week since we had our family thing on Saturday!

Last night was super fun!

Talk to you in a bit!
R

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

The bread looked magnificent....I could almost smell it. Looking forward to sharing every week.

beckyjomama said...

Man, that looked good. Now I'm hungry. Love it!

Angie said...

I'm with Sara! Would love to hear about the Hawaiian bread.

Happy New Year!

He & Me + 3 said...

Get out...fresh baked hawaiin bread. So jealous. YUM

Tori said...

2 food pictures...oh the torture!! It looks delicious!
Looking forward to spending another year with you!
Have a great week!

Kim said...

Lawsy, but those photos and that menu have me DROOLING! :)