Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HODGEPODGE WEDNESDAY...


Joining Joyce and all the others...

1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
Take a teaspoon of 'manuka' raw honey; a natural antibiotic, then drink a cup of echinacea tea, and the next morning if no improvement, than I start Zicam.  
I probably WILL get a shot within the next couple of weeks.

2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
Breathe while praying the names of Christ; 
lifting up his Word 
(evil flees at the sound, and fear is NOT from the Lord)

3. Share two good things about your life right now.
Enjoying watching our past youth grasping their adulthood with Christ as their pilot; He is doing amazing things through their service and lives.

Facilitating a Bible study always challenges me 
to press on for His Glory.  
Enveloped in post-surgical menopausal issues, 
too many to list, 
yet He gives me love and encouragement 
to remember His sacrifice to lessen my moanings
...He's so creative!

4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
Shift dresses...yay!   
High necklines: not a chance in this body of mine, 
not even a necklace goes around this HOT neck these days.

5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
As a kid, I was a Brownie for a year.  
Our leaders changed the next year and I wasn't involved then.  
As an adult, I chaperoned girl scout outings 
(to camp and in-town functions) for my daughter's troop. 
  
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
What hard choices...
plums (make my tongue the happiest) 
and pumpkin makes my body happier, with its anti-oxidants.

7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
Finding positive ways to deal with negativity; 
encouragement of strengths to dim the weaknesses; 
and hugs...yep, hugs.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
When our air conditioner STOPPED working this past weekend, 
God provided a QUICK FIX--
someone cancelled their previous appointment.

A bonus:  the broken part was under warranty
I didn't have to pay them for the visit or the part! 
YIPPEE!


Blessings,