Thursday, September 22, 2011

WHERE I’M FROM...

JOINING KAT...Having used Kat's template, my answers are in the underlined:


I am from a family who came over from_Martin Luther's stomping ground and Martin used to "tack proclamations on doors", you know? (in Germany)

I am from the _sweetest tomatoes, and the creamiest corn___ .

I’m from the Deep South, where chicken is fried, not baked and mosquitoes are NOT our friends.

I am from the uncles fighting over Great Granny's peanut cake and _pan-fried apple pies.


I am from gathering with my mother's four brothers and one sister, from hearing Great Granny whispering her prayers as she cooked and _listening to Papa's old duet album of Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty.


I am from hot, sticky mornings at the fan-cooled Methodist church after we ran out of baby powder

From hearing funny remembrances from all my aunts and uncles about their time_ growing up together.

From the time Nana and Aunt Jackie high-jacked Papa's Model T, bumping down through the pasture, not being able to reach the brakes and running into the watering pond.

And from the time Nana at the age of six stood in front of the house fire warming herself after bath and her nightgown caught fire, Papa through a quilt over her to put out the flames_ and suffered from that 'badly burned finger' the rest of his life

I'm from locking away every memory my Great Granny and family have shared with me; in my heart where they are forever safe.

Jer. 33:3   "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."        
Blessings,