Monday, July 30, 2012

GOLD-MEDAL BLOGGING


JOINING JANE AND GROUP...

I LOVE THE IDEA of inspiring us to BETTER blogging.


As Jane, noted with her Latin mantra from the Olympics motto:

CITIUS,  ALTIUS , FORTIUS

(FASTER, HIGHER, STRONGER)

 

When I ponder how to incorporate these thoughts to blogging, here are my thoughts: 

  1. short, concise info is GOOD (wordiness bores) 
  2. spelling and usage counts  (effort shows)
  3. bloggers LOVE big, clear pictures (focus matters)
  4. give credit for others' work/images
  5. announce 'time off'  (retains readers/commenters)

 

WHAT TIPS do you have to share with us?

 
John 8:31  "If you continue in my word, then you are truly Disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Blessings,
Skoots1Mom

16yrs ago FAST PHOTO-PAST
(DisneyWorld w/ a 4yo)

10 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Perfect!! I agree with all. Although I do get verbal diarrhea sometimes lol. I also get bored if there is too much photo overload (esp. flowers) Thanks for stopping by. xo

Di Jinx said...

Hi SkootsMom, thank you so much for the kind words over on my blog, I appreciate it:) I love your flashback photo! Adorable! Makes me think of my own empty nest. Thanks again, Di{CookTheTV}

Selina@CreativeJuicesDecor said...

Hi! your comment on my blog made me smile - thank you for the clicks! I guess the post was OK to put up on my design blog :-) Bless you!

Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog) said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your thoughts.

Leigh

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Hi SkootsMom,
Thanks you for linking to our party! You have some good tips that we all need to remember from time to time, especially the one about brevity! And I enjoyed seeing your photo taken when you visited DisneyWorld. I'm sure you made many beautiful memories there.

Audrey-eleganteconomies.blogspot.com said...

Trying to tell a story briefly and with clarity is difficult for me! Thanks for the tips. Your photo makes me want to dig thru ours from 16 years ago!
Blessings, Audrey

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Considering I've broken most of these tips with my blogging (and on a regular basis), I'll leave the tips to others;).

peace~elaine

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Well said in concise clear language! Thank you so much for linking up to our party too...

Missy said...

Great advice and all so true!

Kim said...

Awwww, what a great photo!