Tuesday, July 17, 2012

HODGE PODGEYNESS







JOINING JOYCE at
 FROM THIS SIDE OF THE POND...

1. If I had the chance to go in person to the Summer Olympics, the (non-Olympic) London site I'd most like to visit: Westminster Abbey then grabbing some fishNchips.

2. Something in your life right now feeling like an Olympic event:   drowning in the pool of 'post surgical menopause'...where are you Mark Spitz?...or Michael Phelps...or Johnny Weismiller?  Pull me out of this 'ever-present' deep end of hormonelessness.

3. My favorite supper (to prepare and serve) when it's too hot to cook:  California-BLTsandwiches, black-bean/corn/tomato salad and sweet, peach tea

4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...I last took refuge  'in the doghouse when I woke the hubs with my 'snoring' (and he had already left the room to go to bed...)  I woke him up all the way from the den, oops!

5. The television advertisement  particularly irritating me recently:  pizza rolls in the freezer...

DID YOU NOTICE THE BOY puts the phone down in the freezer, picks up the rolls and closes the freezer?

"Just HOW LONG will it take him to realize the phone's in the freezer?" ...somehow this reminds me of my husband and not being able to find ANYTHING worth eating in the pantry or freezer.

6. Share an interesting news event from your birth year. My favorite toy was born the same year as me...her name is BARBIE, and I didn't care that the new state, Alaska, had been added to our country. 



















7. The best part of my average day is: literally WAKING UP...once you've had cancer, it forever changes one's perspective.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Having spent a week with my mother-in-law, my perspective continues to change on life and the elderly...It is so hard to see someone lose all their friends and be unable to care for themselves.  We each should make it our goal to do something for someone elderly or ask them about their day; they need our interaction and love.

John 8:31  "If you continue in my word, then you are truly Disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Blessings,