Thursday, October 16, 2008

REAL HELP....REAL HOPE



Today's post involves two blog sites--
one of "giving"
one of "hope"

Grace Arbor ...our faith-based congregational respite program for older adults with memory impairment...meeting social and emotional needs of the participants and their caregivers.

Various groups in the church volunteer and help with the social activities.

They enjoy morning devotions/hymn singing, armchair exercises, games, gardening, art, pet therapy, sing-alongs, inter-generational activities with the preschool, and community entertainment.


I absolutely love it when our youth share themselves, their time, and their love with everyone at Grace Arbor...they ALL have fun!





Each year close to Easter they celebrate a seder meal...their director usually borrows my seder plate---I love having them use it. But recently, I was pondering everything the director does...she is always giving.


Then, I knew what I needed to GIVE.

I found a special seder plate for them to KEEP...my gift to her, her commitment to the ministry, to the sweet people and to being Christ's hands and feet to our hurting world.


Hope for our future...these kids understand the changes that take place in some peoples' lives as they grow older and their compassion has increased, their giving has increased, my hope has increased!


To see more ONE DAY TO GIVE entries, go here:http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2008/10/one-day-to-give-celebration.html

To see more HOPEFUL FRIDAY, go to Cielo's http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/2008/10/hopeful-friday_16.html

9 comments:

We are THAT Family said...

What an awesome ministry! When so many have forgotten the elderly, this is just so great!

Thanks for sharing...

Charli and me said...

You are so right. Hope is our future. Peace be with you.

jeanne said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful ministry. You offer hope to those you touch with your love everyday.

Blessings...Jeanne

Tammy said...

That is such a terrific idea and great for both parties involved!

I love the dance photo! Precious.

Jenn said...

What a great way to give. That is a wonderful ministry.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Love the look of the blog. I saw the first button about the giving on another blog today. Sounds really cool.

Virginia said...

What a beautiful ministry, of love, caring and giving. May God Bless all of you for remembering our elderly.
God Bless, Virginia

heidi said...

That is awesome!! Thank you for sharing about it.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You know how I feel about time with the ancients! I just see so much joy in that photo; I want to just jump in! Love the plate, also. I once attended this kind of meal and would like to do it on a regular basis. I am reminded that there are many things we don't do so well in the church...remembrance being at the top of the list.

peace~elaine