Sunday, January 18, 2009

Project 365 Week 3 (kinda)





I'm late again...







  1. After having taken down all the Christmas decorations on 1/10, I left the "final-wrapping-and-hauling-of-the-Christmastree-to-the-basement" to DD and DH....well, it's the 18th...said tree is still standing in the living room...it hasn't made one move toward the basement! : ) ... they must really like it this year.
  2. Found my newest "angels" at the thrift store for $2...love me some thrift store...I'm enjoying them on our mantle in the den. I also got a soft-serve ice cream machine that best bud, Robin, and I will be breaking in with some homemade sherbet or who knows what.
  3. I had requested a puppy for Christmas...multiple times...but, to no avail. So, I decided to get two on my own...they will be extremely easy to housebreak, they'll require no food, and I'll never have to clean up after them. These two little twin scotties were waiting for me at the Hobby Lobby ... no one had bought them and they begged me to bring them to my house! So, in the car they went and they will be on mymantel next Christmas, enjoying their new home. Mr. Checks and Miss Dotty...
  4. Today after church, I finished my latest prayer scarf...I made it a little too long, but maybe the person who is going to get it has longer arms...anyway, it has a pocket on each end of the scarf for goodies or to help keep your fingertips warm. For more Project 365 pictures, go to:
    http://thebowyers.blogspot.com/2009/01/project-365-week-3.html

8 comments:

Sassy Granny ... said...

Homemade sherbet? I'm in!!

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Love the angel bookends. You could just put valentine decorations on the tree?

Greg C said...

Well I can feel your pain. I have been asking for a chia pet for years now and no one will get me one. I may have to get a pet rock or a pet hunk of coal or something myself.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, your little pets will never go poo in your house!

sara said...

those are the best kind of pets to have!!!

Love the shawl!!

IRENE said...

Hi,
I so much enjoyed your post. Especially that sense of humor, about your family liking the tree this year LOL!
We haven't packed the tree yet,as last weekend we celebrated our eldest birthday, and we always leave it up for her birthday, too.
But we shall begin this afternoon!
Have a blessed week ahead.

kymber said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by to visit. Nice to meet you! I appreciate your advice on how to stage my rooster plate in my kitchen to hide the outlet cover. Great idea - I will definitely try it.

As for your thrift store finds - Aren't thrift stores the best? You can find SO many great things. It is so true - that one man's trash is another man's treasure. I have found so many "treasures" of my own there.
Blessings to you,
Kymber

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Aren't thrift stores just fun to go to? I always find a littel treasure to take home. HEY! You have two scotty dogs!!! LOL - you don't have to clean up after them or feed them. Cute find!!!

xoxo
Becky