Monday, August 3, 2009

MONDAY MOSAIC & KATIE UPDATE


First, an Update: A Good Weekend

Katie had a good weekend
--started sitting up in her stroller
--talking a lot
--starting to act like her sweet baby girl self again.
She has even told some of the nurses, “See you again,” instead of, “Lady go bye-bye.”
--The doctors believe they have her infection under control. (PRAISE!)
white blood cell count and CRP
(which measure the body's fighting infection and inflammation) are back to their normal levels. (PRAISE!)
--continuING IV antibiotic
--Her body is healing the wound from the inside out (it’s getting smaller) and there is just healthy tissue growing – no visible sight of INFECTION.
On a cute note: Katie's calling Mommy & Daddy by their first names...when she wants her way... she recently said, “I love James” not, “I love Daddy,” but specified James.
It just melted daddy’s heart.

NOW FOR THE MONDAY MOSAIC, JOINING LITLE RED HOUSE:
WE ENJOYED A GREAT CLOSEOUT TO OUR SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAM...THEY START SCHOOL NEXT WEEK.

WE SO LOVE SPENDING TIME AT OUR CAMPGROUND--IT WAS ONLY APPROPRIATE WE SPEND OUR LAST SUMMER PROGRAM OUT IN THE WOODS ON HOLY GROUND...EATING, SINGING, PRAISING, AND HEARING HIS GOOD WORD TO TAKE US INTO THE NEW YEAR!

THIS SUMMER HAS FLOWN (click on the pic for a LARGER view):
DID YOU DO ANYTHING SPECIAL OVER THE WEEKEND?


Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,

P.S. Great GIVEAWAY HERE @ BELLA VISTA, go check it out :)

17 comments:

Mocha Momma said...

I've just read about Katie and your wonderful vacation.

Two ends of the spectrum. A hard place to be, having fun and concerned for your loved ones.

Sounds like things are getting better and your doing other things. Fun summer!

Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer,
Nannette

storyteller said...

Lovely mosaic and Bible verse. Glad to read good news ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Cece Jessee said...

So glad to hear Katie is improving.

I had a great weekend, my Mom came down and stayed with us for 5 days. We went to the beach and just enjoyed being together.

Love your mosaic.

Cece

Bonnie said...

Great mosaic. Looks like a lot of fun. Sorry it took me so long to find you. I am still new at the blog thing. Glad I found your blog!

Kathy at Shocking Pink Thread said...

First, I love the name of your blog. This is my first visit (thanks for stopping by my blog). I pray Katie continues to improve so she can grow and take part in camp meetings and praising the Lord who healed her. ~Kathy

Kathleen said...

They look like happy campers..I said a prayer for Kate...
Thanks for visiting!

Ebie said...

Camping is fun, I see happy faces! And prayers for Kate!

prof en retraite said...

It looks like a wonderful campground! And what good news about Katie! Happy week!...Debbie

~JarieLyn~ said...

I really like your mosaic. It looks like you had a really good time. Glad to meet you, and thanks for stopping by.

Riet said...

Lovely mosaic and it looks like fun. Glad to meet you and thank yo for your visit.

Jeanne said...

What a great mosaic recording a wonderful time. So sorry for little Katie going through such an ordeal. Prayers for her.

Chari said...

Hello...

Ohhh...your beautiful youth camp mosaic sure brought back some very fond memories for me! Years ago, I was really involved with the church youth and camp!!! It looks like your young people were having a great time!!! Well, this is the first time that I've been to your blog...piecing things together, I see that Katie is a family member? Anyway...so happy to hear the good report for her!!! Saying a prayer for her!

Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my place and taking a peek at my Provence Blue mosaic and frenchy blue china...thank you for the sweet comment!

Lord Bless..
Chari

Connie said...

Thank you for your visit and your comment, sugar! I just listened to your Jeanne Robertson and laughed myself silly, chick. That is one funny woman and I'd never ever heard of her. What a hoot, hon.........
xoxo,
Connie

Hollie said...

Your lovely blog is very sweet. Thank you for taking the time to visit me. I wish you and yours the best.

my home sanctuary said...

Thanks for coming by to visit me at My Home Sanctuary. Many Blessings and prayers for you and your Home.
Smiles,
Sherry

Dishesdone said...

Prayers for Kate!

and I agree, the summer goes by so fast! Looks like a good time for all at your campground! Thanks for the visit!

Kim said...

Such great news about Katie! Will continue praying for complete healing of surgical area and NO MORE INFECTION!