Sunday, August 23, 2009

Project 365...back in the swing 'o things!

JOINING THE CROWD OVER AT SARAH'S FOR PROJECT 365...8/16 God has so blessed us with a new facility where we will be holding worship for our high school students...

wow, what powerful worship and praise. They were very intentionally listening as the WORD was brought to them after the singing and announcements.



8/18 - I was in the mood to have some fresh, yes, fresh green beans (that ALWAYS calls for Yukon golds to be 100_1600 chunked and put in the pot)...Do love ham-seasoned green beans?



Along with the beans, I had gotten fresh kale...so I cooked it down too. 100_1601 All that wonderful pot liquor has to be sopped up with cornbread, so into the oven went 12 cornbread muffins and the sliced tomatoes were waiting for them to make it to the table! >



It's also the beginning of our DISCIPLE program again at 100_1587our church... Last year I took a class (Jesus In the Gospels)...This year, I'm facilitating again. It's always fun getting ready (buying new folders, pens, highlighters and small agape treats.) We'll be studying the prophets the first half of the school year, then dig into Paul's writings.



I've been diligent this week with working out...and I have to say I am a little disappointed because the pounds haven't been coming off...100_1603I know I'm getting stronger and breaking in a new med all at the same time. I must be more patient with myself, but it's still hard to stay positive...losing the weight is NOT my only reason for exercising. Have you had any exercise/weight lost challenges?



As a facilitator, I'm the timekeeper...not a teacher. I am a learner among learners100_1605 ... so, I also have daily reading, pondering, notemaking to work into my schedule now.









Having recently taken the crocheted sandals and caps to the church, I have gotten new 'desert-colored' yarn to make a shawl to send to our "fighting troops" in Afghanistan...our group will be sending care packages to some of the troops. 100_1608This is an easy double-crocheted slant stitch ... every 5 rows of single color, then I add my next color and do a row with both, then I drop the first color and only continue with the second color...I like the way it's making it look so far. I'll probably do a finishing edge with some type of scallop. Do you crochet or knit?



100_1611As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we've moved into our new area of the church, which we grumbled over a few times because of misplacements and changes but we know it is a BLESSING and we don't want to grumble like God's people did in the desert. We are PRAISING HIS NAME for the blessings He's given and will be giving to these young ladies and gentlemen as we lead them through Bible study and worship. It's my week to lead the lesson for one of our small groups...and I've worked to prepare scripture cards for the teens to read (in case they forgot their Bibles which will be a time saver)...Second Chapter of Mark..."carrying a friend to be let down through the roof and healed of his sins and his physical disability."...



Have you helped 'carry' a friend this week?



Go see the other entries for Project 365...It's been a G0d-blessed week!!

13 comments:

Mocha Momma said...

Woo, you've been busy! All sounds good especially the ministry with teens. God bless you as you minister throughout the year.

Now some cornbread and kale and beans would be good too.

Have a great Sunday,
Nannette

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I too have had a God blessed week....Love your blog.

LuAnn said...

Great Pictures - glad you have a new place to be with the high school kids. So important to keep them in the word at this stage of thei life.
I do knit but only small projects -baby hats, scarves etc...
Blessings on your week!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I am almost finished with my latest Prayer Shawl, Thank you Jesus! I hope to be able to turn it in on Wednesday and start something different.

Harvest Table last night so we had some good veggies, I had the stewed tomatoes.

See you in a bit @ church>
R

Heart2Heart said...

I love all this wonderful goodness all contained within this post! I love school supplies and teaching. Perhaps God is calling me back into that!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

sara said...

omg, I wanted to jump in that picture and eat those beans with corn bread. girl, we are cut out of the same mold!!! yum!

I am facilitating a new beth moore study this fall. we are doing steppin' up.

I am with you on the exercise. I am exercising more now than I have in my life and the lbs. seem to come off excruciatingly slow!!! However, I mostly exercise to sleep...it really helps!!!

love the max lucado studies. my neighborhood bible study just finished one of his this summer!!

Lisa said...

Keep up with working out...it will kick in and your body will thank you. Sounds like some great bible studies!

rita said...

Thanks for sharing God's goodness, your blessedness, food deliciousness (gave me an idea for a pot meal!) and your exercise faitfulness--that inspired me!

Edie said...

I love that first picture! You looks so cute!

Never had fresh green beans but I bet they were delicious. I love green beans cooked in a little bacon grease.

Working out. I'm still not as diligent as I should be. I didn't lose any weight til I added the eating healthy part. For me that means cut way back on sugar and carbs.

Love the pattern in the shawl. I used to knit and crochet. Just haven't had time in years. I used to knit sweaters a lot.

I enjoyed your pictures!

Kim said...

Oh my but I got hungry reading your post! I did make a southern meal for our guests yesterday (pulled pork, homemade baked beans, cornbread, cucumber salad) but fresh green beans and potatoes cooked with some ham -- heavenly! The wife of the couple helping this past week asked for the recipes for cornbread and baked beans so I translated those for her (with some help from Ivan). The broccoli salad was also a big hit with everyone! Actually, everyone seemed to enjoy all the food :-) But boy howdy, I don't want to cook for a week! LOL Not really. Got up this morning and made a German puff pancake. But we will be eating a few leftovers for a couple of days which suits me fine. Meatload sandwiches for supper!

I crochet, but poorly, and I don't find it very relaxing so don't do it often. But I have a thing for yarn and keep buying it! Gave my stash to the daughter before we moved, but now I'm starting to accumulate again. Uh oh! :-) I like the IDEA of knitting and crocheting, just not the actual thing. LOL

Your discipleship program sounds really good and obviously something you enjoy. That's so cool! We spent a lot of time talking about the challenges of discipleship here in Argentina with the couple last night. Discovered that our frustrating experiences thus far are normal for this culture and it's not just us. That was encouraging because we had wondered what in the world were we doing wrong?

Anyway, I'm going to chill the rest of the day. Fed the last group lunch today and they're all gone. Ivan is taking three guys and all the stuff back to Sta. Rosa, and I'm going to catch up on blogs and then take a nap! LOL

grey like snuffie said...

What a fun post...hang in there on the working out...I hear ya!!!! When it's not in our nature to be working out we would certainly LOVE to see changes....over time, over time.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

May the young people look at the new facility and think, "This is how much this church cares about me."

So I heard you've been hijacking Robin's computer lately??

Love the way you two are so talented with, um, yarning.

Sounds like you have a lot going on but are still being faithful to work out. Good for you.

Liz said...

Looks like a wonderful week! The beans...yes, yes, yes!
And I have been working out regularly, mostly! LOL! I have lost 17 pounds in the last 2 months, and have another 20 to go! I am resigned to the fact that it will take a long time! Hang in there!