Thursday, August 6, 2009

She's STANDING on the promises!

Katie’s wound continues to look better with each wound vac change.

--really healing well from the inside up to the skin level.

The great news:  Katie tarted walking on her own yesterday. She has been walking around her room, and has spent time playing in the playroom.

The doctors anticipate discharging Katie sometime next week.  (YEAH!)

Here is a video of Katie standing next to the couch in our room for the first time in a month...

2 Verses of STANDING ON THE PROMISES

    1. Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
      Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
      Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
      Standing on the promises of God.

      • Refrain:
        Standing, standing,
        Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
        Standing, standing,
        I’m standing on the promises of God.
    2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
      When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
      By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
      Standing on the promises of God.

PUBLISHED BY Russell Carter, 1886

6 comments:

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

I am in tears, joyful tears for this beautiful little girl. Such wonderful news.

Cece

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Oh heavens, I could just eat her with a spoon! She's a gift from heaven, and so happy despite all she's been through. Thanks for giving me a glimpse at her. I'll continue with my thoughts and prayers in her direction.

peace~elaine

Sassy Granny ... said...

Oh my. I've been out-of-the-loop for far too long! Among the many weight loss successes, vacation joys, musings and other amazing things you've been experiencing, I feel like I need to hang out here for an hour or two just to catch up.

That said, little Katie caught me totally by surprise. The Grandma in me rejoiced at her recovery progress. It also caused a lump to form in my throat. I'm always humbled by the little ones who seem to bear more than their share of life's burdens, and often with far more grace that we olders.

Blessings on you and yours!
Kathleen

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Katie...she is just sooooooo sweet! She has the face of an angel and the eyes of a soul of pure sweetness. I am so happy to see that she is doing great. Prayers for you...always.

in God's unending love...
becky

Kim said...

Hallelujah!

And I love that song, Standing on the Promises. GREAT song!

Hope you're having a great weekend, Jubisista!

Beverlydru said...

Thank God for Katie's progress. She's such a sweetie. I've enjoyed all your vacation photos. I never tire of the beach so keep on posting! Glad you've had a wonderful summer.