1. I just had _to get out of bed at 5am--i HATE waking up early_.
2. _Is confused in observing people accepting " AS_ is".
3. The third sentence on the 7th page of the book I'm reading:_"Ask My spirit to control your mind so you can think great thoughts of Me" ( JESUS CALLING by Sarah Young)_.
4. _Shopping with my daughter for clothes, or even thrifting, __ tickles my fancy.
5. I was walking _gingerly into the creeks yesterday retrieving my golf ball that mysteriously landed in the water three times yesterday_.
6. _Photographing our teens enjoying fun times_ makes me laugh!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _working the 'flower table' at our high school's chorus show_, tomorrow my plans include _picking up fresh, grilled, chicken barbecue at our Methodist Mens' fund raiser__ and Sunday, I want to _be taking many pictures while manipulating all the tissues I'll need during our senior banquet_.
How old were you when you got your first (paying) job? BABYSITTING WAS A VERY LUCRATIVE PROFESSION OF MINE BEGINNING AT 13...MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR ADOPTED A NEWBORN AND SHE TRUSTED ME TO WATCH HER FOR TWO HOURS WHEN SHE WAS ONLY A COUPLE OF WEEKS OLD. WANDA KNEW MY MOTHER WAS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY SHOULD ANYTHING STRANGE ARISE DURING MY TIME WITH THIS ADORABLE BABY, CINDY. I WOULD KEEP HER ABOUT ONCE A MONTH SO THE PARENTS COULD HAVE A DATE.
MY FIRST REAL JOB, WHERE I HAD TAXES TAKEN OUT, WAS IN THE AFTERNOONS OF MY SENIOR YEAR. I WAS ABLE TO INTERN AT A LOCAL TEXTILE BUSINESS BEING A SECRETARIAL OFFICE ASSISTANT FOR 2-3 HOURS THREE DAYS A WEEK. IT TURNED INTO A FULL-TIME SUMMER JOB BEFORE I STARTED COLLEGE WHEN THE OFFICE MANAGER'S FATHER BECAME VERY ILL IN OKLAHOMA AND SHE LEFT ME TO HANDLE EVERYTHING.
Did you work during the school year? MY USUAL TIMES WERE FRIDAY NIGHTS OR SATURDAY NIGHTS AND NOT EVER DURING THE DAY...EXCEPT THERE WERE A FEW TIMES I WATCHED HER WHILE WANDA WOULD GROCERY SHOP.
What stipulations, if any, did your parents put on spending, saving, etc.? REGARDING MY REAL JOB AT THE OFFICE, MY PARENTS HAD PAID HALF THE PRICE OF MY FIRST CAR, A VW BEETLE, AND I HAD TO MAKE THE REST AS WELL AS PAY HALF MY INSURANCE AND ALL MY GAS. I WAS EXPECTED TO SAVE 10 PERCENT OF MY PROFITS FOR SAVINGS AND 10 PERCENT FOR CHURCH TITHES. IT WAS AMAZING HOW SAVINGS MATTERED MOST TO ME.
What types of jobs did you have before you were, oh, 21 or 22? THOSE I NOTED ABOVE FIT THIS QUESTION AS WELL. HOWEVER, I DID WORK AT A LARGE UNIVERSITY IN THEIR SCHOOL OF NURSING AS ONE OF THE SECRETARIES FOR THEIR NURSE PRACTITIONER SCHOOL, LEARNING MANY OF THE INTRICACIES OF THE NURSING WORLD AND SPECIFICITIES OF STAYING CURRENT ON CURRICULUM. THE DOCTORS I WORKED FOR WERE 'DOCTORATES OF NURSING', WHO PAVED THE WAY IN WASHINGTON FOR THE SUCCESS OF TODAY'S NURSE PRACTITIONERS. I REALLY ENJOYED BEING SO CLOSE TO THE HOSPITAL ENVIRONMENT BUT NOT BEING IN THE ICKY STUFF. :)
Did you go to college or a technical/trade school? If so, did you work while you were pursuing your post-high school education? EVEN THOUGH I HAD FANTASIZED ABOUT GOING TO A FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE, I ENROLLED IN SECRETARIAL SCIENCE CLASSES AT A LOCAL TECHNICAL SCHOOL WHERE I WORKED MY PATOOTY OFF FOR NINE MONTHS. IT WAS REWARDING TO RECEIVE HONORS AND GRADUATE IN RESPONSE TO MOM AND DAD MOVING OUT OF STATE.
MY FAVORITE BUSINESS TEACHER (MS. N*) TAUGHT THE IMPORTANCE OF A FIRM HANDSHAKE AND A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, NO MATTER WHAT!
A SMILE WAS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT LIFE LESSONS LEARNED. A PIC FROM OUR LEADERSHIP BANQUET...I'M WEARING A DRESS MOTHER MADE ME FOR THE OCCASION...I LOVED WEARING IT.
What were your favorite -- and least favorite, if you wish to share! -- jobs? THE JOB AT THE UNIVERSITY WAS THE MOST FUN. GREAT SURROUNDINGS...BEAUTIFUL LUNCHTIME HANGOUTS AND SCRUMPTIOUS, ETHNIC RESTAURANTS...GETTING TO MIX AND MINGLE WITH ALL THE MEDICAL AND LAW STUDENTS.
THE TEXTILE COMPANY JOB WAS MY LEAST FAVORITE...SOME 'CHARACTERS' WHO WORKED THERE MADE ME A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE (BEING AS YOUNG AS I WAS). ONE OF THE BOSSES HAD A REFRIGERATOR IN HIS OFFICE...CRANKING OUT 'TOTTIES' AFTER 5PM (MADE ME EVEN MORE UNCOMFORTABLE). I'D KEEP MY NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE AND LEAVE AS SOON AS THEY STARTED 'ENJOYING' AFTER HOURS.
What did you learn from those early jobs? TAXES WERE THE BIGGEST THING I LEARNED ... AND SO GLAD MY FAMILY TAUGHT ME THE IMPORTANCE OF SAVINGS AND PUTTING AWAY MONEY FOR THOSE RAINY DAYS OF UNEXPECTED INCIDENCES.