1. Hosting a party gives me two GREAT things...a.) getting my house CLEANED UP and b.)GETTING to SET THE THEME for the fun time...the graduation party for DD has REALLY taken its toll on me; I'm exhausted from head to toe.
2. My most memorable party was my 50th (that I thought was a 'youth counselor-spouse party') but in reality it was my surprise party...I surprised them by showing up in the house without their knowing I had come in...I surprised them all by saying "I got the time wrong again, ya'll are already eating and I'm just now walking in the door...did you start at 7?" The hostess's eyes almost popped out of her head when she saw me...they didn't get to say 'surprise' because their talking was so loud they couldn't hear hubbie's call ringing(letting them know we were pulling in the driveway). hahahaha! They celebrated the beginning of my 'jubilee year'giving me all the 'normal, over-the-hill, things: rhinestone reading glasses, a tiara, mints in prescription bottles; fans for hot flashes; and tons of my 'old pictures' sitting around the room, reminding me how I 'used to look'!
3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life? Getting to finally be in His presence...WOW!
4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine? seeing it shine through the clouds forming rainbows and rays across the horizon...this is a RAINBOW standing over our church as we were coming out from saying 'goodbye' to our seniors...another reminder of His blessings for them.
5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift? chipping in is certainly easier for me and gets the 'larger' items that they might not have gotten
6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family? being cleaned gets my vote...i don't have any trouble throwing meals onto the table. I keep enough in my freezer to whip up two or three dinners at any given moment, and they usually only take 30-45 mins...piece of cake.
7. What song describes your mood today? THANKFUL, Kelly Clarkson
8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding you still own or use? Used the large, silver tray my mother-and-father-in-law gave us with the coffee/tea service...dd's graduation cake sat on it during her "Romanesque Italia" party!
9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is? BLACK CHERRY in a waffle cone from Bruster's
10. When was the last time you felt "tested?" Holding my tongue a couple of weeks ago when friends were trying to talk hubby into letting DD take her car to school in the Fall. (she's got a good driving record; FINDING OTHERS TO DRIVE HER may NOT, I prefer she HAS her car)
11. "Soy Crisps" are one of my FAV snacks in a small bag...it is DEFINITELY a food once I start eating I find really hard to stop munching." They're baked and made from soy, so they count as a 'protein'.
12. "Visitors coming to my house" is the best motivation for 'ramping up' my cleaning; it's just NOT as important as it used to be when DD was younger.
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."Blessings,