Saturday, May 8, 2010

P*365


FIRST, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all those who are, want to be, have been, will be, and/or had one! hee hee

I love you, Mama!














Joining Sara...for this week's P*365 (Project 365)


5/2, Sunday (DD started adding labels, addresses and pictures to our stacks of envelopes)...our goal is to get them out before the end of this week.


100_5659


5/3 Monday...always means a trip to the thrift store for "half-off" day.


Yep, got all four smokey 'martini-gonna-be-ice cream" stems for $2...(i didn't take the picture until Tuesday)100_5678


and....I got these pretty little place mats and napkins for $.50,...fifty cents, yes, two quarters.


100_5695


5/4, Tuesday...making GREAT headway with all the announcements and running ahead of our schedule. 100_5710


5/4, WEDNESDAY...DD's car had to have some regular maintenance...and, it became MORE than regular maintenance; so the dealership paid for me to drive home in this adorable 2010 Civic (had a marvelously-working air conditioner)...DD wanted me to trade hers in for this one!100_5717


While I was so close to the OTHER thrift store, after dropping off DD's car I couldn't help but stop and see what they might have that I might NEED. This beauty is replacing my poor bag that was dry rotting...it is full leather...$12, hee hee hee...yep, it makes me happy! 100_5723


...and then when I went back to get DD's car on 5/6, THURSDAY...the same store called my name again!


Go figure. This time I got some great 'serving pieces' and decorative 'romanesque'- type stuff to go along with our 'italian/old Rome' open house graduation party...I'm beginning to visualize what my tables, food and decorations are going to be like that day.
100_5733


I absolutely LOVE asparagus, and there will be roasted garlic asparagus in this little platter that will reside next to the 'pork tenderloin' bites.100_5734


5/8, SATURDAY...This little guy was scampering back and forth across my front-door porch. He stop every so often to eat a few bites.


100_5742



100_5739


He's visited many times before...he's almost becoming a celebrity on my blog. We'll have to name him. Hope you had a great week and I am eager to see all of your pictures, too!

14 comments:

Mary said...

You're making me want to go thrift shopping! I love those martini glasses: Ice cream is going to look great in those!
How cool is it that a chipmunk is a regular on your porch?
Happy Mother's Day!

Kim said...

Oooo, such great photos! Doing all those envelopes -- what a chore! But good to have it done, I'm sure :-)

Luuuuurved all your thrift store finds! I do miss that! Maybe we can go thrifting together when I'm on furlough :-) My favorite has to be the placemats and napkins -- so adorable! But the golf bag is quite snazzy too.

Sweet ride! LOL I just bet she wanted to trade for that one :-) Who wouldn't?!

Awwww, what a cute little critter. Great job capturing him on "film"!

Thanks for hanging in there with me when I've been so scarce in Bloggyville lately. I think I'm coming out of my funk now. Plus we're just getting busier and busier with ministry things and I'm having a hard time figuring out when this blog thing can work! *sigh*

Sassy Granny ... said...

"Alvin"! You could call him "Alvin", or "Theodore" ... Too darn cute.

Happy Mother's Day to you, too. May the day, and all of life be richly blessed.

Kathleen

Mocha with Linda said...

What fun pics! I just don't have the "knack" for thrift store shopping and finds! When I go, it just all looks like junk!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Thanks for the follow and your sweet note! I'm SO looking forward to my asparagus I purchased yesterday at the Farmers' Market! Yours will look fab on your plate! :)

Lisa said...

Wow, seems like everyone is in graduation mode...scary!

I agree with Linda. I think some people have a knack for thrift store and some don't...clearly you DO!

sara said...

wow, you got some great finds!!! I am with Linda, I go and never seem to find anything good!!

I think it is a gift!

Tori said...

Good for you and all of your treasures this week! I am really impressed because I always leave with nothing but discouragement when I try!
Can't wait to see your tables all decorated. Your theme sounds great!
Good job getting the announcements out. So much to get ready, isn't there?
Have a super week!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Wow...you found some great thirft store finds! Awesome that you were done ahead of schedule with the invites and announcements! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Forget the ice cream and fill those bad boys with actual martini's and I'll be over later this evening to help you empty them :)

I think you should have a name the chipmunk contest on your blog!

You're so go at the thrift store shopping, it makes my head hurt!

R

Angie's Ad Lib said...

What "finds" you found this week! I need a girlfriend like you who could help me see the beauty in a thrift store. That's just not in my DNA.

I think you should call your little friend Chip. So creative, right?! (not)

Can't wait to see what the Open House looks like when it comes around. Sounds like fun!

Have a good week.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

The next time you're in the mood for half-off day, head over to my house. I'll give it all to you for free. Honestly, I'm trying to get rid of stuff, not lay hold of anything more... although it looks as if you got some real deals!

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts of you as you head toward graduation. I know how hard it can be on a momma!

peace~elaine

rita said...

Another graduating senior! Congrats.
You are one organized mom. That will be quite some open house, yummy food so beautifully displayed!
What an eye for 'treasures'.
Now I want to go bargain hunting!

H-Mama said...

I heart a good thrift store! Love the pic of the visitor on your front porch. Too cute.