Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MY FIRST 'SIMPLE PLEASURES'

JOINING A NEW GROUP TODAY...
DAYLE @ A COLLECTION OF THIS AND THAT
Project Simple Pleasures2
she created the Simple Pleasures series, to remind us all to stop, look, listen, and pay closer attention to the small things in life


MY SIMPLE PLEASURE this week: 'listening to our pastor'

our pastor was also being called to simpleness...he reminded the congregation this past Sunday to 'be still and KNOW' in other words...stop/look/listen.

being at our pastor's feet...hearing God's imprint on his heart...hearing God's voice through the pastor's eyes, seeing God's work during our pastor's resting in Him, God providing him a podium of selflessness. our pastor is always reaching out to God's community as His servant.

i am blessed, we ARE blessed, BLESSED indeed.














Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,

11 comments:

Dayle said...

Welcome to Simple Pleasures! It's a joy to have you link up today and your post spoke to my heart. I thought of the Scripture that says "How can [we] be saved without a preacher?"

Very nice to meet you in blogland. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Christine said...

Your pastor sounds like a great man of God. Yes, you are blessed to have him.

Joan said...

Indeed, your pastor sounds like a very wise man and you are truly blessed.

Thanks for the visit and the follow. Looking forward to seeing more of you in blogland.

Blessings,
Joan

Debbie said...

In obedience, you listen, and in return you are richly blessed! I think the privilege of listening to those who have been called to bring the Word to us is a simple pleasure all in its own. I very much agree with your post.

nannykim said...

Oh, I must have cought you doing a blog change--I can't read the writing --it is not showing up against the bright green.

Kim said...

I'm thankful for the internet and the ability to listen to our pastor's messages even from 6000 miles away. It's such a blessing!

Mary said...

I just dropped by to thank you for your visit to my blog. I hope you become a regular visitor. Your pastor must be a wonderful and Godly man to generate so much affection and respect. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Gayle said...

Thank God for good Shepherds.

Robynn's Ravings said...

We have a pastor like that. I do believe they may be few and far between and he lives what he preaches. LOVE THAT MAN!!!! (And his darling wife....AND his great kids!) Glad you have yours!!! Dear Lord, please BLESS these wonderful shepherds!

Ms.Daisy said...

Love you blog and the Simple Pleasures post about your pastor. I agree having a Godly man as your pastor is wonderful for you and your congregation. Thanks for stopping by my post and saying hi!



~Jean

The Simple Life said...

Hi - I am leaving you an award on my blog!