Friday, July 15, 2011

LETTERS OF INTENT...my 'bum' summer, hahaha!


Joining Foursons today for Letters of Intent.

Dear Summer,
you're quickly going by

yet at times you drag along

Love the rain but HATE the 'ginormous mosquitoes'!

 ...yes, the frozen foods section is one of my 'new hangouts'


Dear every 'Third Year',

As you roll around my anxiety increases

...yes, colonoscopies 'save' lives.

...yes, one saved me in 1999


...and throughout the 6 of 'you boogers' since then. 
(this was a better expression than what originally popped into my head, hahah!) 

...pray: on His Word; He calms dread

...thank: wonderful doctors, human and GODLY

...eager:  good results without complications

...maybe:  'pedicure scheduling' rewarding obedience

WHAT issues 'prod' you for a letter today?


Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." 
Blessings,

10 comments:

Foursons said...

Rain in the summer seems wrong however we desperately need it down here for the drought. But I do NOT miss the mosquitos at all!

Good luck w/your procedure. I've done that before and understand your anxiousness. Hopefully good news only will come your way.

Thanks so much linking up for the first time!

deepintheheartoftexas2 said...

I would love a rainy summer. We are in a horrible drought, and I have always liked rain. Rain just seems to refresh the soul.

Thanks for visiting me! Have a great weekend!

Joyce said...

My doc told me I need one this year (He said it near my birthday which was September) I had one scheduled but it got cancelled due to weather. Now here it is, almost my birthday and I need to just schedule it but it is one of those things we put off isn't it? You've inspired me though-I'm going to book mine next week. Now if I can just coordinate with hubs calendar so I have a ride!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I have my appt with the Gastro dr the week after campmeeting and then it' on the first colonoscopy......

I know the rain means humidity but it sure was nice to wake up to the sound this morning.

R

sara said...

oh I am with your girl!!!

having my first "procedure" this fall...ugh!

Sassy Granny ... said...

What a clever way of framing a prayer (for surely that's what these letters are)! I could write a library's worth: Dear arthritic back ... Dear rebellious loved one ... Dear unruly hair :) ... Dear gas station pump ...

Wishing you the best of summer, and the least of procedural discomforts!

Kathleen

Kim @ Stuff could... said...

This is a very creative, funny letter to Summer. It is so true also....My mind is blank because of the heat of Summer:)

Sweet Tea said...

Hey Guuurl,
UGH! What a day you've got planned, but (love the silly pun) good for you for "getten' her done!". Praying for a GOOD report. Please share your good news with us later...Great minds must think alike - Yesterday I wrote a letter to Summer too. (it won't be posted till Aug though).

Tomorrow will be a better day cause it feels so good to have this procedure behind (another silly pun) you!! LOL

Carol said...

Wishing you good news!

Kim said...

With our family history it's mammograms that I never fail to get. On the one hand, we can be so thankful for modern medicine. On the other hand, the procedures are NOT fun.
But as I used to tell my kids ALL THE TIME (so they say):
"It doesn't have to be fun, it just has to be done."
I should have known I'd have to eat those words :/