Sunday, July 31, 2011

PROJECT 365...Wk 31


 Week 31.
7/26: visited a church friend ...taking some get well wishes...

and she surprised me with a beautiful yellow prayer shawl (for my 12 years cancer free)

7/26: this little guy SLAMMED into our back bay window...
he was knocked LOOPY and sat there a couple of hours.

..when I took him water, he didn't move, just looked at me with his wide eyes.

...about 2 hours later, he was gone :)



7/27: my hibiscus are usually pale salmon...this one is bright orange...love it!








7/29: more apartment artwork pending...i'll post a final pic once she's completed it.









7/31: enjoyed lunch w/ church friends before 'our girls' head back to college...eggplant parm, chicken parm, artichoke/caper angelhair and lasagna...all hit the spot.  The bread @ Johnny Carrino's is 'wunn-er-ful" !

11 comments:

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

that art project looks neat. can't wait to see the finished project

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Glad you all had a good time at lunch... Italian would defiantly not done my tummy any good....

Talk to you later!
R

sara said...

oh I don't want to think about every one going back to college....I am NOT ready!!!

The Bug said...

LOVE that flower - gorgeous! And I also can't wait to see the finished art project - it looks pretty cool already.

Joyce said...

That hibiscus is stunning!

Mimi said...

Looks like a great week! All that food sounds great & horray on the 12 years.

Have a great week,
Mimi

Sassy Granny ... said...

I love this time of year for all the blooms. Isn't it amazing how even one flower bloom can be so captivating?

Oh what I wouldn't give for a good project right now. I've been pondering them, not sure which one(s) to undertake. I can't believe how near is Christmas, so probably I ought to think along those lines.

Enjoy another 365!

Kathleen

Lisa said...

ooo...apartment artwork! Looks SO cool, and very crafty!

Its lunch time here and suddenly I'm wishing chicken parm. :)

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Awesome hibiscus! I love them.

Kim said...

I think I know where DD is going with her crafting project -- been seeing some very cool wall art pieces made from "found" objects around the house (guessing those are t.p. or paper towel tubes?). Is she going to paint them or leave them au natural? Can't wait to see the finished product!

skoots1mom said...

she'll be painting them black after gluing them together...it will hang on the corner of a doorway frame ;)