Monday, January 9, 2012

NEED VS. CRITICAL

UPDATE:  CONGRATULATIONS, UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA!!
WHO WON THE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. 
THEY DOMINATED LSU.  WE'RE EAGER TO HEAR AND SEE THE LOCAL CELEBRATIONS THIS NEXT WEEK IN TUSCALOOSA!
ROLL TIDE!

Mondays are somewhat ‘hated’ days of the week  wonderfully welcoming on their own

…knowing you’ll be ‘getting back to work’ or ‘school’ Those things especially tickle your funny bone or eagerness to get started, don’t they?!

Our Monday was even further enhanced by having scheduled a ‘car maintenance’ appointment for BabyGirl’s car, YIPPEEEE, such fun not
We had mentioned the maintenance needed to be done earlier during the Winter Break but some of us like to challenge norms for this kind of ‘fun’
GOALS:
  • finish work today
  • corporate ‘recall’ replacement
  • 110,000-mile maintenance
  • yearly inspection
  • reasonable cost 
Happily, I was successful setting and responding to my alarm clock.  (a praise these days)
…so I quickly checked BabyGirl’s room for ‘movement’ since dread had crossed my mind a time or two I was concerned at waking a sleeping college student.  Thankfully, it was washed away when she blurrily answered my inquiry at her door.

The weather channel had predicted rain and fog (because it’s January and we’ve been in the 60’s with thunderstorms…wha’z up?!).

After running downstairs and filling my travel coffee cup with Italian café/Almond Joy creamer,  I was sliding on my rubber rain boots when Daughter emerged from her room.  
We’ve gotten used to no one parking behind our cars in the driveway.  Why is it we have to “intentionally” remind ourselves there’s a car behind us when she returns home
(BabyGirl's car is black…and ‘little’?)  Oh, alright…I’m envious of hub’s ‘backing up’ alarm…it beeps when foreign objects are a foot or closer.  To remedy my not having that feature, I “back” into our driveway using my mirrors…and saving my deteriorating neck.
Arriving at the dealership, only two other cars were ahead of us, so we had accomplished the important task of ‘early’ for an ‘earlier’ finish.  Early bird gets the worm!

Update:  The service manager called with the ‘cost’ of 3 CRITICAL problems and 2 ‘needs’ found while handling the other 3 changes we requested. 

Oh.My.Word.

The early bird found a ‘rotten’ worm … or three.

p.s. We have two more vehicles to be inspected and/or repaired before the end of this month…
Oh.My.Word2.