Wednesday, January 18, 2012

VOLUME 62, WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE


JOINING JOYCE FOR ANOTHER HODGEPODGE 
1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
Having watched bits and pieces, I missed the end of the pageant…my talent would be singing and signing a song. 


2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
My house currently hosts several houseplants that require watering and feeding (every month or so)…a peace lily, Christmas cactus, basil/herb, prayer plant and variegated coleus


3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student?
My abilities to communicate in school grew over the first few years and by fourth grade, I was no longer ‘scared’ to speak up or raise my hand to give answers.


4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year...what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
Recently I posted about finding a new Chinese buffet that is FANTABULOUS…they have EVERYTHING, no kidding.  When I order ‘delivery’, we get ‘hot n sour soup’, honey-walnut shrimp and sesame chicken…and if more people are here…we also include crab angles. 


5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
Miracles have been received in many ways in my family and we are forever grateful for each one; each recipient has been touched in ways that we could not have planned or manipulated.  Does considering it a miracle make it ‘more of a miracle’?  Who am I to question a gift of mercy or deny a promise fulfilled…even when it comes at His perfect time instead of when I wanted it? 
   
6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck you'll find a list hereA WHOLE NEW WORLD…Jasmine and Aladdin
  
7. I should have started walking and exercising yesterday…but did I?  Nooooooo.


8. BLOGGING has been much quicker since hubs gave me a new laptop for Christmas…my other one had ‘grown’ to a ‘crawl’ with almost all of the memory being used…I still need to go download so much of the contents to our ‘external drive’…that will have to go on another ‘to do’ list.