Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PROTECTION, Please!

New driver; Mommy worries
Changing frets into prayer
Share concerns, He's there


Away she drives, gone
Pacing, waiting, then ringtone
Calm returns


God's wholeness, protects
El Shaddai, at the right hand
All-sufficient Lord


Returning home, whole
Door opens, lights go out
Protection supplied; thankful sleep


Psalm 121:7-8

God guards you from every evil, He guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return, He guards you now, He guards you always.

3 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Been there. Still am in many ways. We two boy drivers and two more in the future, it can be a constant panic for me. I'm so much further down the road than I was. It's part of the growing process...both theirs and mine!

Thanks for all the info about giraffes. I sure learned something from them and from you!

peace~elaine

Mary said...

Although it has been many years since we had children in the home, I remember some of those times. I remember one night sitting on the stairs with Bible on my lap, going over that same chapter. In fact, the vs. "He will watch over your life" is underlined.

A very original post, I might add!

I listened to the GodTube "quiet time". . very nice! I especially enjoyed the birds in the background.

I just recently added a Shelfari Bookshelf so now I find myself looking at others more than before.
I have read several that is on yours:

Tuesdays' with Morrie
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
The Hiding Place
90 minutes in Heaven

There are so many wonderful books and it would take more than one lifetime to read them all.
Do you think there will be a library in heaven? If so, I'll meet you there! :)

mary

Mezzo Forte said...

Oh girl, you are SOOOO kidnapped!!
I escaped "free" this time because I was "new" - don't know what'll happen next time....hmmmmmmmm