Monday, April 20, 2009

APPRECIATE COMMENTERS...4 Tomorrow They Twitter!

Greg's post made me think...

about how the personalities of people drive blogging habits

...whether or not people comment

...whether or not they post pictures.

Have you ever studied the 4-quadrant personality assessment tables?--charts used in human relations departments throughout the world to teach people how to "read" personalities, others' and their own.

The major quadrants: "askers", "tellers", "task-oriented", and "people-oriented". (Falling in the middle of the quad is me...an amiable/expressive. I worked hard during class to learn to be more demonstrative and telling, especially since I was headed to a new management job when I took the class.)

Greg and I agree comments are valuable, especially for people-oriented bloggers wanting to interact and understand others' points of view.

Comments are also valuable to task-oriented bloggers wanting to challenge themselves with each blog. Several "drivers" I know won't blog because it's a "waste of their time"...have you ever heard that from anyone?

From MY HANDS...HIS GLORY!

So, with all the personality types in mind and the possible loss of bloggers to TWITTER, copy and post "Lizard Man" on your site as a reminder, then take the Blogger Vow with us :

I vow to:

  • appreciate visitors
  • read visitors' comments
  • visit visitors' sites
  • leave comments on their sites
  • share Christ's love
  • encourage, challenge and inspire myself and those I read

Don't leave us for Twitter...it wouldn't be the same without you!

ARE YOU CONTEMPLATING LEAVING BLOGGER FOR TWITTER??

Psalm 63:8
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

12 comments:

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

One would have to know what twitter is....plus since Oprah is doing it I am now predisposed to dislike it.

Blogger and facebook are enough for me!

Mocha with Linda said...

I so don't get Twitter - why people want to tell everything they do every second of the day!

I'll definitely bleep! Don't wanna tweet, and love it when folks just lurk!

Technonana said...

Not at all!!! I don't want to Twitter!! My daughter and son-in-law do enough of that for all of us!!! I want to know what's up, but not every minute of the day!! And who has time for that???? If you wanna know what's up with me, just email me.... I'll get back to you. Or do what my friend Kathy does, she IMs me!!

Sassy Granny ... said...

I confess: I strongly dislike the current trends with texting & Twitter. I'd just gotten used to seeing/hearing people on their cell phones everywhere, but now that's nothing compared to the vexing texting phenomenon. So I'll just come-and-go from the blogosphere now and then, and contentedly.

Kathleen

Faye said...

NO TWITTER!I WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY!LOL.HAVE A GREAT DAY! BLESSINGS, FAYE

Technonana said...

HELLO FRIEND!! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY!! I HAVE A BLOGGY FRIEND THAT TWITTERS... ON HER SIDEBAR... I HAD NEVER NOTICED UNTIL YOU POSTED THIS!!

Greg C said...

LOL thanks for all the attention. I really appreciate it. Is that supposed to be me in that picture? :)

Kim said...

I'm quite vocal in my preference for blogging. I finally did join facebook but only check it a couple times a week. I know my kids' generation prefers minimal contact with lots more people. I like to say more, hear more, know more than can be contained in a facebook status update or 140 characters of twittering.

Carmen Gamble said...

Hi! I popped over from Greg's blog. Love the lizard poster, and NO, I wouldn't twitter. Blogger and FB is enough for me too. A little privacy goes a long way! Love the Blogger Vow!

Transparent Mama said...

I just figured out blogging and I love it. Twittering is still a mystery to me.

Carrie said...

I enjoy blogging for the freedom to do meaningful posting and to share with photos, music, video, etc. Twitter allows only 140 characters per minute -- not nearly enough to say much worthwhile.

Beverlydru said...

I signed up for Twitter a few months ago to see what all the fuss was about. It doesn't appeal to me. Yo Ho Yo Ho A Bloggers life for me...