Tuesday, April 21, 2009

LAUGHS FROM DOWNUNDER



Would you like to visit New Zealand and laugh today?

It's so much fun "finding" friends around the world...(can't get much further around the world than New Zealand...physically on the other end of the sphere from us.)

One day I want to visit New Zealand, Christchurch, specifically. My boss of 16 years at BellSouth often stated "in all his world travels, Christ's Church was the most gorgeous place on earth".

When I stumbled across ScrappySue's blog from Wellingtontown I was excited to see glimpses of "her world" from "down under"...Do they call us "up above" when referring to North America...it is the opposite term, right??!!

Yesterday's vow promised to encourage ...
so, I encourage you to click on ScrappySue's video...it's definitely worth the 3 SECONDS!!

I'm still laughing--Years ago I almost did the very same thing at my desk in my shorthand class back in high school. (Many may not even understand "why" this is so funny...aaaaahhhh, today's youth..."returns" are only at stores, right??! : )
Watch it and then leave a message describing what comes to mind.

Any memories of technology gone bye-bye?
Or funny incidents in gone-by days?
You might even remember an office "gag" someone played on you...would enjoy hearing your remembrances.


Take a good look at me, God, my God;I want to look life in the eye,
So no enemy can get the best of meor laugh when I fall on my face.

9 comments:

Faye said...

GREAT POST.I ALWAYS ENJOY IT. HAVE A BLESSED EVENING! FAYE

Terri Tiffany said...

thanks for stopping by my blog today! I would love to visit New Zealand someday--along with Australia. We don't know the plans God has for us so maybe I''ll get there:)

Sassy Granny ... said...

That was hysterical!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, I can't stop laughing! That is TOO funny :-) I learned to type on an old fashioned typewriter and that video just sent me over the edge.

My first job was as secretary to the director of our small hospital (40 beds). The director didn't really care for administration and preferred to be doing surgery or other fun stuff. He'd spent a lot of time overseas and one of his hobbies was collecting games from around the world. Of course his friends knew this so he often received new ones in the mail. Whenever that happened, before we could get started on responding to the business-related mail, we had to play the new game. He was my favorite boss! :-)

scrappysue said...

y'see? that is what i LOVE about blogging! that is so great you posted about this! is that lyttelton harbour? i'm ashamed to say i dont' recognise it and i was BORN in christchurch!!! (one word, although i may have started out as 2) who knows! downunder DOES refer to nz, but is usually saved for our aussie cousins (as per your label! lol)

so nice to meet you! how'd you find me btw? always curious. have a great day!

Kim said...

Hey Jubasista, we painted the kitchen bright white :-) The hubby let me paint the dining room a nice green but that's the only room with any, you know, COLOR. That man is seriously into WHITE. Which actually works well in the kitchen where the cabinetry is dark wood and they have dark wood paneling that goes up to about the 5' mark on the walls. The bright white that goes on up the vaulted ceilings brightens things up considerably. Only one window in that room which looks out onto the covered patio so not a lot of sunshine coming in except for about an hour in the late afternoon.

I haven't read the book or seen the movie. Yet :-)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cute blog...So glad I found it tonight when on another blog.
I am a new blogger and still finding my away around.

I have a great giveaway for April.
You have to scan down to the "Card Box" post to see what it looks like...but it is a $75.00 value....
It was so popular that I decided to give one away each month...For every comment you leave during the month, that puts you in the drawing that many times.....Hope you will visit soon

Greg C said...

In the earlier days of computers there was a program that you could send to someone which looked pretty innocent but once you got into it, it looked like you had accidentlly stumbled into a high security area. No matter what you did, it would keep digging you in deeper and deeper. Before long a screen would pop up which said you had entered a top secret area and to exit immediatly. The whole thing was a joke and the next screen told you that. It was pretty funny.

Technonana said...

Oh Yes, I have seen this before!!! Totally Funny!!! I have often felt like doing that, but not because I forgot I wasn't on a typewriter!
New Zealand and Australia are two places that my son has longed to visit... he and I have actually looked at a trip to do just that!!
Maybe long after this wedding!!