Tuesday, April 28, 2009

HIS TENT...30X5 PHASE II's FINISHLINE(?)

In response to a question posted by Peace-for-the-Journey's Elaine, I read and then pondered the chapter...read some commentaries...read different Bible versions. It was the very first verse that caught my attention.

1 Chronicles 17
God’s Covenant with David


"And it came about, when David dwelt in his house, David said to Nathan the prophet, "Behold, I am dwelling in a house of cedar, but the ark of the covenant of the LORD is under curtains." Then Nathan said to David, “Do all that is in your heart, for God is with you.”



Notice--God never gave a request to build a temple...(this was brought up in the BIBLOS commentar I read...which noted David couldn't rest in his dwelling knowing the ark of covenant was sitting among curtains--in the tent!) David would, from a human perspective, believe it would not be protected there and so he wanted to remedy the situation...and he continued talking to God about it.

However, the ark was where God intended it to be at that time...He would protect it...all God-centered. While pondering on that thought...where has God set up my ark? In my house? no
In my church? no In my heart! yes! In our hearts!

So...I must keep his temple "in my body" healthy so I can effectively be His hands and feet while I am in the world...healthy eating, exercising, sleeping.

Even though Liddie's 30x5 Phase II has "crossed the finish line", I must "stay the course".

To get my tent better maintained I must continue on through the desert

...where the path is hard to find when the winds of laziness blow...especially without the encouragement of my SWEET CHALLENGETTES, "You know who you are!"

...and even though my camel keeps sinking in the sand due to weight I dumped into this tent, the slow and steady pace of diligence allows for the sand to settle long enough for small steps to be made toward the goal: HEALTHY!

Even one of my FITNESS TIPS stated to "Aim for a healthy weight" and "people needing to lose weight should do so gradually, at a rate of one-half to two pounds per week." Everybody now, SING with me to the tune of "Farmer in the Dell"...

Turtles we must be,

oh, turtles we must be

high pounds to low we go,

turtles we must be!

This fragile, yet wonderfully resilient, "tent" he has TEMPORARILY given me definitely needs maintenance as I sit it down, get it up, push to exercise it, discern what to feed it, travel around with it and then sleep in it. :)
Myspace Comments
HOW ARE YOU MAINTAINING YOUR TENT, HIS TEMPLE?