Thursday, April 30, 2009

GUIDE "HER"

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Joining Thankful Thursday commenters, click TRUTH4THEJOURNEY

I'm thankful for: American Sign Language , which is a form of communication I've been enjoying learning since I was a child. Getting to communicate with a girlfriend's family when I was in grammar school started it all.

Over the past few years, I've met many kids and adults along the way who cannot hear--and I just love watching their faces as I'm sharing my "sporadically-learned" hand language with them!! Needless tosay, I often have to slow them down because my skills are way "under par".

But for me really, it is one my "rejoicing" tools to praise God...especially when I'm singing. Giving my praise more fully with voice, face and hands.

Many times I learn from the books I own and often I view GodTube and YouTube to see the latest ASL praise songs on video. Please view one of the best videos I've seen recently...Shannon McMullen's YouTube version of God Bless America (1min34secs)...simple, sweet, and to the point!

Lord,
Will you continue to "stand" beside us
and "guide" us...
every day as we walk America's path to the future.
Give our leaders soft hearts
and open ears to hear your Spirit's guidance
as they work for this nation.
Amen
Myspace Comments