Monday, May 19, 2008

My Hands Love to Sing!

Today's Cafe Chat's scripture is:
“Look! Listen! God’s arm is not amputated – He can still save!
God’s ears are not stopped up – He can still hear!
There’s nothing wrong with God – the wrong is with you.
Your wrongheaded lives caused the split between you and God. Your sins got between you so that He doesn’t hear you.”
Isaiah 59:1-3

We were asked if our "connection" to God seems to be "disconnected" or maybe the "cell site has been lost". One of the responding posts reminded me that God is "Mighty to Save"! Hillsong's, "Mighty to Save", is my favorite to sign (AmericanSignLanguage). Praising Him each time I sign it!! The words truly capture so much of His love and our need:

Everyone needs compassion
Love that’s never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations

Saviour, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save!
He is mighty to save !
Forever! Author of salvation.
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave!

So take me as You find me, all my fears and failures.
Fill my life again. I give my life to follow everything I believe in,
now I surrender.

Shine Your light and let the whole world see;

We’re singing for the glory of the Risen King


And the best thing when we CALL on Him, we never get a recording--we don't have to punch a button for a language, 'cause He's got them all covered!!

Thanks "Steps in our Journey" for the great devotion on Internet Cafe's "Cafe Chat"
~D My Cup Overflows!