Thursday, August 7, 2008

2. PROTECT YOUR HEART

As another follow-up "pondering" to the simulcast, "siesta Beth" said the following:
"Anytime we take the word of God away from the heart of God we take it out of context."

How do I know the heart of God?
Sometimes he shows me through discipline...I don't like it, but sometimes it's the only way to get my attention. Deuteronomy 8:5 "Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you."

I learn about God's heart when I truthfully examine myself. I want to be in the "in crowd", and be liked by lots of people and have lots of things. I find myself measuring myself and/or my things to those around me--oh, if I could have a bigger house...if I could have more friends. These are such trivial worries in the scheme of life, yet I still fall into them at times. The more important thing to be asking, "How often do I ask how pleased God is with my actions rather than what I have for a little while?" Luke 16:15 "He said to them, 'You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.' "


God, please direct my heart to Your love, Your Word that isTruth, to live it, teach it, and rest on it as each day unfolds. Forgive me for seeking temporal today things. Your perseverance is like none that I can ever achieve so I rest in You, and You alone. Amen

May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.