Sunday, August 31, 2008

Seeking Him...




Lord:
Our family has faced bad weather, too…We have felt anxious because of the unknown--because of our human-ness to worry.

We ask that You guide anyone in the path of Gustav to take the needed precautions or evacuate. Give them peace in knowing friends are praying for them.

You know what the Gulf will be enduring during and after the upcoming storm, and we get comfort in knowing you are steadfast…You promised to never leave us or forsake us.


We give you thanks for the early detection of these type storms.

Give any who are displaced or being displaced, a comfortable place to sleep in safety. May especially the children not be anxious -- we are putting our petitions before you for your yoke is easy and your burden is light. You will care for all involved in ways we cannot comprehend. Please allow the peace of Christ to rule in their hearts (Col. 3:15).

We thank you in advance for seeing them through this storm…and we rejoice in hope. May we stay devoted to prayer as we wait to see the magnitude of this storm system as we seek your protection.

In Your Most Precious Name, Jesus Christ, we pray,
Amen



for more Spiritual Sunday blog posts, go to: http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Amen, and amen...we are all in this together.

Mary said...

I was sooooo touched by the prayer for all of us on the Gulf Coast.
This morning, the mayor of New Orleans ended an interview on Good Morning America with the words, "America, pray for us, please."

I repeat with you, that we thank God in advance for seeing us through this storm. And now I will get ready for church.

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

mary





mary

Charlotte said...

Good morning. Yours was the first blog I read this morning. I can certainly say Amen to that prayer. I'm so glad you shared it here on Spiritual Sundays. This storm and the people involved have certainly been in my prayers.
I'm so glad I found your blog.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Amen! I have been watching and praying. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Have a Blessed Sonday!
Kathi :)

Clif said...

Your beautiful,needed prayer was a wonderful way to begin a Sunday morning. Thank you! I joined with you in the prayer and said, "Amen." I looked over your blog and I am impressed with your thoughtful posts. Keep up the good work.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I add my prayers to the thousands today. I've also been praying that God will just dissipate the storm. He can do that. -- Re the comment about Papa John's--we order it every week for Oneighty, too.

Robin Lambright said...

I always remember the evening we prayed in the parlor for a hurricane (I don’t remember which one it was) but we asked God to move the storm aside and to remove the wind and to protect all the people in the path of the storm. Was it any surprise that the next morning we saw that the storm had dissipated and moved from its path and was not a problem. If I remember correctly there was no loss of life from whatever storm that was we prayer over.
This morning during worship I echoed those prayers as well. I asked God to move the storm aside and to dissipate the winds and protect all those in the path of this storm.
I love watching how God works.
PS: I made banana pudding this afternoon, revised from a Paula Dean Recipe. I will let you know how it turns out.

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

Your family and others will be in my prayers. Thank-you for your beautiful prayer with us today.
Ginger

Mocha with Linda said...

Love the prayer. My FIL's Alzheimer's facility in Houston is doing a partial evacuation and my MIL is going there to stay with him.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always enjoy seeing you about the blogsphere!!

Peggy said...

Blessings Mary...I have seen many blogs offering prayers or asking for people to pray. This is such a blessing! May many gather in churches everywhere and pray that God would still this storm and calm its power and devastation! I'm so thankful for the many that are heeding the evacuation but how heartbreaking! That God sustains all the Gulf inhabitants including the islands that were already hit and also to send Hannah away also!

Thank you for your heart! Enjoy a Spiritual Sunday and week lifting all of these before the throne for HE IS ABLE!!!

KJ said...

Beautiful prayer!!!

We recently experienced a 5.4 earthquake in CA. I have grown up with earthquakes and we have had quakes that are much bigger, but they never cease to remind me who is in control.

Unlike hurricanes and tornadoes, we don't ever have warning that a quake is coming or about to happen. So, we have to be a bit more proactive and intercede for quakes that we don't know about. And, I think we all know that a big one is coming.

Thanks for sharing...
KJ