Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Visiting the Blooms....

I always love to check out http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/ to see what she has "growing"...get ready to view some awesome blooms. She has definitely received a blessed green thumb. I love seeing things grow in my yard as well... even though mine does not hold a candle to Ms. Deb's from Manitoba.


My little statue is not a bloom, although she is surrounded by my blooming monkey grass. My little lady is in my island's sitting area, and she reminds me of Susannah Wesley with her apron.
As she is holding her apron out to catch water and/or provide a place for seed...she beckons you come sit in the garden. I think I'll call her Susannah from now on as a tribute to Mrs. Wesley in rememberance of her praying two hours a day (you see, when she couldn’t find a room to retreat to for her prayer time, her kids watched her flip her apron up over her head, and knew not to bother her while she prayed....oh, for those who may not know, she only birthed 19 children!)
One of her quotes was, "I am content to fill a little space, if God be glorified."

Her top 5 rules for their home:
1. Eating between meals-- not allowed.
2. In bed by 8 p.m.
3. Take medicine without complaining.
4. Subdue self-will in a child, and those working together with God to save the child's soul.
5. Teach a child to pray as soon as he can speak.



Lord, may we join together to pray to you--
may we lift our aprons over our faces should we need Your presence in any given moment--
remind us to pray with our children, teaching them Your presence is steadfast and that all we must do is seek Your face...let them know You will never leave them or forsake them. Hide us under your wings and hold us in your might hands. May we be still and know YOU are GOD!
Amen

Acts 1:14They all joined together constantly in prayer,
along with the women and
Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.


Take a moment to worship with Chris Roth...from YouTube...(2 mins 4 secs.)