1. When I'm sick, I'm in my recliner usually watching TV...until dinnertime comes, then I'm up fixin' dinner, even if I am sick.
2. When I take a walk, I like to listen to my "First Place" scripture songs and look at yards to get ideas for gardens, all the while making sure I have no dogs following me.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can influence teenagers, who truly don't understand how hard it is to come by...until they start their own checking account and have to keep up with their withdrawals.
4. Cotton makes me comfortable and cooler...leather makes me remember the 80's and guys wearing it who should have never been wearing it...which brings back visions of heavy gold chains peeking out from button-up silky, polyester shirts as they were reflecting light under the rotating mirror ball as we did the hustle....eeeeewwww!
5. The strangest character I've run into was "Izzy" the 1996 Atlanta Olympics mascot...they said it stood for "whatizit?"...never did figure out how this one won the contest. Part worm, part smiley, part space alien??? I remember the kids running from him instead of running to him/her/it. I wonder what happened to the 1,000,000 stuffed ones leftover at the souvenir shops...'cause I know they couldn't have sold them all...bet you can get them on eBay.
6. My favorite color these days is magenta because it brings out the blue in my eyes and gives me color..."me pale, white face and and need some color!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going to the first high school football game after supper...to see all the different classes dressed in their "spirit" outfits...they paint themselves, their shirts, dye their hair, glitter themselves, some even wear kilts...we're the Screamin' Eagles and I haven't figured out yet why in the world they wear kilts.
On Saturday, my plans include sending my husband off (unless I feel really good and decide to go) to a local lake and to look at retirement lake property--did I say retirement, why yes I did, yippee!
Then Sunday, I want to have a cup of java, head to church to hear our next history lesson about the Methodist founders, take notes at church, then we have plans to eat Chinese buffet with one of our "graduated" youth kids and catch up on his life...then, it's off to "dreamland" while enjoying a leisurely, Sunday nap...it may be raining by then thanks to "Gustav"...there's no youth activities this Sunday so we counselors are getting a break!
To see other Friday Fill-Ins...